The Fox

Samarra stood with the team as Hotchner showed them his newborn son.

"He's so cute," JJ gushed.

"If you find baldness and wrinkles attractive," Reid said, earning an elbow from Samarra.

"Look at his little witty bitty nose," Garcia mused. "Don't you want one of these,"

"Mm." Morgan hummed. "I'll stick to practicing,"

"Gross," Samarra laughed.

"Congratulations," Elle said as she walked up to the team.

"Thanks. She's amazing. I'm all terrified," Hotchner admitted.

"Well, uh, we should get going," Hoch's wife reasoned as she took her son from Hotchner.

"Pleasure seeing you, Mrs. Hotchner," Samarra waved.

Once his wife was on the elevator, he took the file from Elle "Bad?"

"The worst," Elle admitted as they joined the team in the conference room.

"Crawford family. Murdered three days ago," Gideon explained.

"Saw it on the news." Morgan noted, "They were found in the basement of their house,"

"Bags packed for a vacation they never took," JJ added.

"Report said it was a murder-suicide. Father stabbed the mom, then shot himself,"

"That's the conclusion Maryland State Police came to. The gun was found next to the father. Had gunpowder residue on his right hand,"

"And now you must have some compelling reason to think that Chris Crawford didn't off his family?"

"Yeah. Another murdered family," JJ showed the team a photo. "The Millers...found a month ago. The Mother, Reese Miller, her two children, and her new husband, again were found in the basement, and like the Crawfords, their suitcases were packed for a vacation,"

"Both cases occurred five days after their vacations were supposed to have started,"

"Yet the coroner determined that they had been dead only 24 hours,"

So for four days, both families remained in the house," Reid noted.

"Location of the bodies, both cases, the basement," Samarra revealed.

"That indicates a level of organization." Gideon pointed out.

"With a quick but disorganized application of overpowering force," Morgan said.

"If these aren't the same killer. Someone's doing a damn good job of making them look like it," Reid said.

"Possibly this man...Eric Miller," JJ showed another photo. "Biological father of the Miller children. Arlington PD issued a bolo for Miller after the bodies were discovered,"

"Ex-wife Reese Miller," Gideon added. "Had a restraining order against him for domestic violence,"

"When did she get remarried?" Morgan voiced.

"The week before they were killed," JJ revealed.

"Violent husbands believe their wives and children are property," Samarra pointed out. "Reese Miller getting re-married possibly made him snap,"

"Well, the Virginia cops finally located Eric Miller last night, responding to a drunken disturbance at a motel where Miller had been hiding out. When they found him, they discovered blood on his black leather jacket. Belonged to his children,"

"Was any of his DNA found at the Crawford house?" Morgan asked.

"No,"

"Did he know any of the Crawfords?" Reid wondered.