Broken Mirror [2]

"This button answers the call." Samarra explained the tech layout of the phone call "This button makes everyone in the room silent. It'll flash red. You'll be able to hear his side of the conversation. He won't be able to hear us,"

"We'll be running the trace through the field office." The Head Officer explained to Evan "You're in good hands with Agent Gideon and his team,"

***

"You think Cheryl's a whack job because she claims she can feel her sister's anxiety?" Elle asked Morgan.

"I never said whack job," Morgan said as Reid entered the room with Sam.

"Actually there may be a physiological basis for it."

Samarra noticed Elle begin to form a question "I told him about Cheryl's theory,"

"Reversed Asymmetry monozygotic eggs split late, between 9 to 12 days. The DNA matches right down to the very last stranded code. And there's sporadic documentation of shared physiological pain,"

"And you believe it?" Morgan asked.

"No, I'm just saying it's possible. I don't know everything,"

Sam couldn't help but laugh.

"I mean, despite the fact that you think that I do,"

"I never said that." Morgan said "When have I ever said that?"

"Every day since I met you,"

"This morning at breakfast," Elle added.

"Yesterday when he beat you at cards," Hotchner said. "Um...we've got one minute,"

"Anybody ever heard of sarcasm?" Morgan questioned.

"Mm-hmm," The team hummed.

***

The team entered where Evan was awaiting the kidnapper's call.

Samarra took her place in front of her laptop.

Gideon looked over at Evan "Remember, keep your voice even and calm and agree with everything he says,"

The clock chimed.

"He's late," Evan said.

"He'll call." Hotchner assured "Just try to relax. This is his strategy. He wants you on edge,"

Evan jumped when the phone rang.

Sam put on her headphones.

"Remember to repeat any important information he gives you. To make sure you understand. You try to keep him talking to reveal something about Trish or about himself," Gideon pressed a button, answering the call.

"This is Evan Davenport,"

"Hello, Mr. Davenport," The Unsub greeted.

"Are you the man who has my daughter Patricia?"

"I have your daughter,"

"Can I ask you..."

"You may ask me nothing. This is not an interrogatory. You will listen only to my instructions,"

"Ok,"

"But I will not give them to you,"

"I don't understand,"

"I do not want to talk to you, Mr. Davenport,"

Samarra looked up at the team in confusion.

"Excuse me," Evan said out of confusion.

"I want to talk to her," The unsub said. "I want to talk to Cheryl,"