Won't Get Fooled Again [4]

"We have new information about the Palm Beach Bomber," JJ said at the Press Conference "In addition to placing the bombs in plain brown packages, we have reason to believe that the bomber may handwrite the delivery addresses on a plain white label...be examined carefully, especially if you don't recognize the return address. With your help, we should be able to prevent any further casualties. Thank you for your vigilance,"

***

Gideon took a seat next to Bale "You were more ruthless than I expected. If you hadn't pushed that button, you might've had a chance at parole someday,"

"Yeah," Bale sighed "You know, I've thought a lot about that day, and there's one thing I still can't understand." Bale turned to Gideon "You trusted me. Why?"

"I never trusted you,"

"You listened to me,"

"I made an error. I calculated you wouldn't do it, and you did. Whatever you think, I'm gonna walk outta here, and you never will,"

"Here's what I think. Sending those agents into that warehouse, it just doesn't make sense. I mean, I've read your books. I had all those things...what did you call it? Um...a homicidal triad," Bale chuckled "I even came from a broken family, classic sociopath, so when I had the chance to kill 6 agents plus a hostage, I mean, just because I gave myself up doesn't mean that I was finished with those people. I still had the remote. You...You should've known that." He looked Gideon in the eyes "And the emotional release I would feel by pressing that button...well, that was just a little too overwhelming to pass up. Why didn't you search me before sending those agents in? Why didn't you do your job, Agent Gideon?"

Commercial Break

Hotchner and a couple of ATF agents drove on to the scene "Listen, the first thing we've got to do is get the mother out of there."

"Ok. Got it," an agent said

"Just keep holding on, ok," The mom told her daughter

"But it's heavy," the child cried

"Oh, I know, I know but you're doing such a good job,"

"Ok, everything's gonna be ok," The ATF agent said as he walked up to the family.

"No, nobody over there." Hotchner spoke into his phone "I don't want to scare the little girl,"

"Just a few more minutes," the ATF agent told the family

"Hear that? We're almost there," The mom told her kid

"It's heavy. I can't hold it," the girl cried

"Yes, you can,"

"You have to step back, ma'am," The ATF agent told the mother

"I am not leaving my daughter,"

"Okay, you need to trust me." The ATF agent knelt down next to the kid "Ok, now, sweetie, don't move, ok?" he positioned the stand underneath the package "Don't move, sweetheart. I'm gonna come up and meet you,"

"You're such a good girl. Just a few more seconds,"

"I can't. It's heavy," The girl cried

"You're doing great, sweetie, you're doing great," The ATF agent praised "Hang on, hang on. We're almost there. We're almost there,"

The little girl was able to place the package on the stand.

"Oh!" The mother cried

"Okay, go! Go!" The ATF agent ordered

"Oh! Come here, baby!" the mother picked up her kid as another ATF agent led them away.

"Right through here, ma'am," The other agent said

***

"Bale may be part of this, but he's not in control of it," Agent Gideon said as he came out of the room. "If he were, he would've taunted me with specifics,"

Reid was quick to follow behind.

"So what's our next move?" Hotchner asked over the phone

"I'll let Bale know the unsub's using his designs," Gideon explained

"Bait,"

"Yeah, exactly. If Bale wasn't part of it before, he'll surely want to be part of it now," Gideon hung up.

"I'm gonna stay behind and monitor his mail, calls, visitors," Reid explained "any contact that he has with the outside world,"

"Good. Even if he doesn't know the unsub, he may want to try to contact him," Gideon said as the prison door slid open.

***

"I might have something." Elle told Hotchner "Barbara Keller was having trouble insuring some coins she bought. The insurance company thought they might be fake,"

"So the insurance company's blowing up annoying clients?" Hotchner asked sarcastically.

"What if someone sold her the fake coins?"

"She's on to him...he shuts her up,"

"Were these coins valuable enough to kill over?"

"She told the insurance company she thought they might be worth $12,000,"

"All right. Do you have any idea who sold her the coins?"

"No, but she had an appointment with a coin dealer scheduled, I'm guessing to challenge the insurance company's appraisal. A guy named David Walker,"

"So maybe he can help us figure out who sold her the coins,"