19

Jia's POV

"Auntie put it over there

"Auntie put it over there." I'm pointing to the place where i want the vase to be. I've been doing this and that for four hours straight from putting flowers to at least 20 vases around the house to helping my maids with cooking just for this normal dinner. When Jeonghan told me that I'm a little too extra I think it is because he doesn't know my father yet, comparing to him I'm only 50 percent.

Honestly, my father never asked me to prepare anything like this nor he ever invite anyone home before, he hate it. But since this time is different from usual I know i might have to do it the best I can for my father's sakes. Even though I can't stop thinking about Dk's birthday party that the boys might be having so much fun drinking and eating my favourite cakes right now while I'm stuck here doing all this. I want to be there so bad.

"What's today menus Jia?" My father cut me off from my thoughts as he's back from his home office upstair.

"Probably Korean food." I shrugged and count my fingers. "We have wagyu beef, ox bone soup, japchae, yangnyeom gejang and steamed king crap."

My father just nodded his head and pat my hair. "I think that will be enough."  As we both talking we hear a sound of car beeping outside and we know immediately that they're coming. So my father is making his way outside to welcome his important guests.

"What an honour to have you welcome us like this Mr Baek."  Uncle Jeon said as he approaching us to the house having his annoying son Jeon Jungkook coming behind him. Not to mention that he brings a dog that half my size too. So two people and one dog.

"Nice seeing you again uncle Baek."  Jungkook greetings my father who is patting his shoulder and smiling brightly at him. "Nice seeing you too Jia."  Then he smirked at me.

Even though i want to knock him down right now, I can't or else I'll be the one that get in trouble. Thanks to my father. "You look so handsome in red uncle Jeon."  I completely ignore Jungkook but instead I complimented his father who I never see him wear anything beside black but today. I guess I learned this technique from Jeonghan for always flattering people he talk to and i think it kinda work seeing how his face gets light up so quick.

"Really? Jungkook said it too."  He laughed and pat my head. "I think I should wear red more often from now on."  It makes us laugh too seeing the face he makes, at the same time it shows me the other sides of him that's not a cruel mafia boss everyone talking about.

My father taking uncle Jeon for a house tour as I was told to take Jungkook and his Doberman dog with me inside first. Even though his dog is very docile and obedient to its owner but just the size of it alone already scared my maids away from us.

"Is it you?"  He pointed to one of picture when I was 5 years old holding a birthday cake. He looks back and forth from the picture and me.

"Yes it's me." I rolled my eyes at him. I know that I'm a little chubby when I was a kid but it's not that difficult to know that's me. "Who do you think then?"

He laughed and think a bit before he speaks again. "Maybe a neighbour kid who loves to eat?"  I immediately pinched his arm for bullying me as he's howling loudly in pain. "Stop-stop it's hurt!"

"Say 'sorry pretty' now and I'll stop."  Then I pinch him even harder, I'm sure it will leave a bruise too.

"Sorry pretty!! Your the most beautiful person on the planet please!"  That guy is so extra I swear to god, he's always exaggerating things every time and it makes me want to pinch him again or even hit him this time . "You remind me of Chihuahua. They're in bad tempered all the time."

I cursed him silently without letting my words out but I know he sees it and his face is too thick to gives a damn. Jungkook keeps walking around the living room just to tease me with my own ugly pictures that my father hangs up on the wall as a collection. There's nothing more embarrassing than this and I don't know what makes my father finds it cute up here. He said "at least you had the confidence to posed."

The four of us gathering in the dinning table that was decorated with fresh peonies and roses which are my favourites. I love the feeling of stepping into the door and the scent of fresh flowers is everywhere around the house, it somehow so comforting.

As my maids serve the foods to our table my father suddenly blurted, "You know everything today was all prepared by Jia." He poured his most treasured wine into uncle Jeon's glass and continue. "I only know the menus 20 minutes ago."

It shocked me to hear it from the mouth of my own father who I swear to god never praise me for anything I do, most of it just a "not bad, but you could do better." I'm surprised he didn't say it today so i guess I will take it as a compliment. But what is funnier is the fact that uncle Jeon and Jungkook looks incredibly shocked too. Like they can't believe I did all of this or their expression like 'people like her can cook?'. And YES to your information I can do a lot of stuff.

"You cooked all of that?" Uncle Jeon asked while chewing on his food.

"Of course not. I can't make that much food it's beyond my ability uncle." We laughed at my joke as I pour Jungkook a drink since he sits next to me across from our fathers. I can say it's actually an enjoyable dinner for us as we have Jungkook a jokester who never run out of things to say to makes us out of breath from laughing.

"When I was in grade 2 my dad used to help me with math but I couldn't understand it no matter how many times he explained. So you know what I do when he brought a stick to the desk?" Jungkook asked us because his father is chuckling so hard right now recalling the memories, it makes his face red.

"What did you do?" I asked curiously.

"I prayed to god and said. Dear Math, grow up and solve your own problems. Amen."

Then uncle Jeon added, "And he prayed so loudly I can't even hit him when he brings up God. He's such a naughty."

I almost choked on my cola hearing his story. Even my father's face is getting red from the laugh too which I haven't seen in a long time. They're so entertaining, we love it. And they also seem to enjoy the food and my homemade Thai mango sticky rice as dessert too especially uncle Jeon who is on his second plate now.

Ding* Dong*

It's ten past eleven already and I wonder who is coming into my house at this hour? My father motioning me to go check it at the same time my maid come to us and tell me that someone is waiting to meet me outside. I've never been more curious to see who is it even when my legs are already making it way to the gate.

But seeing what I see now makes me regret my decision. I should've made my maid tell him that I'm not home or at least I'm not available at the moment because he's Kim Mingyu who standing in front of me right now.

"Hey Jia." He happily greeted me as he handed me a bag of i don't know what in it. "I saved some cake for you it's from your favourite place." I would have been more appreciated if only he isn't here at this moment when Jungkook is right inside my house. I'm so scared I can't make my face right.

"Oh thank you. Are—are you going home now?" I was hesitate to ask at first but when he nodded his head I was too fast to say. "Get home safe." And I wish i could take it back. Because I can see the confusion in his face for my too obvious reaction. I'm so dumb, help.

"I'm going now, have a good night." He waved at me before he walked to his car but a voice calling my name from my back stopped Mingyu from walking.

"Jia your father told m—"

                    _____________________