44

Third Person's POV

When people said money can't buy happiness, Mingyu is a living proof. Growing up in a big mansion, big garden, big swimming pool and a garage that full of every brands and colour of cars that's exist seems like heaven on earth to most people. If in comparison to a happy normal life with a warming family, his life is a total hell. His 'appears to be' perfect father has took something very important out of him, and that's a soul of a happy child which Mingyu supposed to have like the other kids.

What people jealous of is his luxury lifestyle that's absolutely temporary. It comes and go, anyone can have it anytime, but only him knows that growing up in a mentally and physically abused household is either a punishment or a curse. If someone trying to live his life for a day, that person will appreciate what they currently have for the next 90 years.

He wouldn't survive until now if it's not because of those 12 crazy boys who make life a little more colourful.

Knock*knock*

A brush slipped off from his hand due to the sudden knocks on the door, calling his attention back from the scenery he created in his head before making it alive in his painting.

Mingyu piss off, ignoring the person who waited outside his personal art room as he continues focusing back on his half finished portrait. Every person in this house knows not to comes near this room, his most private space that no one allow to enter, even his dogs has to keep away from this floor.

Two more gentle knocks echo again.

"Mingyu-ahh, it's me. Can I come in?" The moment he recognise whose this voice belong to, his eyes goes wide. But before he could response, she already let herself in.

At this point, he can't do anything but watching her entering the room slowly and hesitatingly shows up in her all time favourite baby-yellow dress (not hers but his favourite) to be exact. She wants to be pretty for him even though she find the dress a little childish (he doesn't know that) because she never complain.

To him, she's always beautiful, always polite, always smiling regardless of what situation she is in that it becomes her personality. She used to say famous people never go out bare face but today she lets her dark circles shown and the skin that naturally pale is even paler today. Beside that stunning tiny dress, she's nothing but a hopeless person.

"I heard you spend most of your day here."  She said smilingly but Mingyu knows too well that it's a force one. "I miss you a lot."

He still doesn't know how to react because all he knows is that she shouldn't be here. It can be in his bedroom, the living room or even the kitchen, anywhere but this painting room.

"I— I'm— why are you here, Nabi?"  It's the only question he can think of at the moment.

She smile again, coming closer to where he sits facing a big half-done canvas that's ongoing. "Instead of asking me why, first, can you change it to 'how have you been'?"  Mingyu flinched realising his own mistakes, but he noticed the way she's acting is foreign.

She speaks fast and slow all at once, her hands clenched hard together while talking to him as if she's nervous. He's not sure what those gestures means but this is not normal and she looks like she need some help.

"I couldn't reach you these few days, I'm so worry." He stretch out to grasp those hands. "How have you been, honey?"  Then he kiss and rub her palm gently to makes her body less tense. Mingyu doesn't realise that this little things about him always finds its way to melt her heart.

She miss him, she loves him, she wants him back so desperately bad. They were so perfect just few months ago but in a blink of an eye everything changes so dramatically to the worst and she can't understand how this all happened so fast. Those eyes that always looks at her with sparkles, those smile that always appears for her, now all turning bland. She can't see anything in those anymore and that makes her depressed.