52

Third Person's POV

Dress up elegantly for a dinner, the father quietly whispered to his daughter as they make their way into the giant door of the South Korea's Blue House. "Things are settle now so stop worrying too much, honey. Dad can handle everything by myself." He smiles to comfort her distressed expression.

Mr Baek has been working all days and nights trying his absolute best to take responsible for the disaster that happened. The company has been losing a lot of money and all the important files and documents of the current and future projects to the fire. Not only that, 12 employees died, 44 hospitalised while all the victim's families file a lawsuit against the company making BJ group's stock plummeted. Shareholders are in chaos, they're selling their shares in a low price and trying to run for their life leaving the company almost collapse at the moment they should unify.

Fortunately, a man like Baek Beom-Seok always has his plans line up one after another.

"Ohh you're here." President Kang greetings Mr Baek with a handshake, having his wife and YoungHyun standing beside him with a wide smile welcoming the two.

"The traffic was so bad, I'm sorry we make you wait." He signals Jia to say hello to the elders and noticing her slightly shaken as she bowed. He helps, "She was worried coming barehand so she spent hours to make this dessert."

"Really?" Said Mrs Kang who Jia first time seeing. Her facial features and her calm reassuring demeanour, demands respect from the surrounding even before they find out about her position. Beyond any doubt, she is the South Korean's First Lady.

Jia gulps, ashamed of what she's going to say, "Yes, I learnt from the cookbook and failed three times." She smiles awkwardly, "this is the fourth."

They all giggling at her straightforward confession, especially YoungHyun who offered to carry it as he walks them to the table. It's hard not to like this girl.

"You are glamorously breathtaking today." YoungHyun said in a whisper so only she can hear.

Jia jokingly murmurs back, "thank you and you too look—— normal."

He can't help but beaming like a simp. Traditionally for the housemaster he supposed to sit next to his mother while his father is at the head of the table but since it's only five of them, he just ignores it and sit next to Jia. This small action never goes unnoticed by the parents.

As they eating and chatting, Mr Baek grab the chance to express his gratitude towards the President and his son. "I would like to take this opportunity to thanks for all your help and trust in me. We owe you so much at this point I don't know what we can pay back."

They gave BJ Group the billions dollar worth of project, they be the backed up and help him push it through. Even with the things that happened, they still trust BJ Group to do the big work when everyone thinks they've lost their chance.

"A major work should go to a great businessman. I lend a hand because i acknowledged what you're capable of, Mr Baek." Said Mr Kang as he raise his wine glass for a toast. "After listen to your ideas I couldn't help but amazed at how you come up with those strategies under all the pressure. I told my son that he has a lot to learn from you."

Shareholders selling their shares 3 times cheaper than the purchase price and that becomes the opportunity for Mr Baek to redeem all the shares back at a super low price. People tend to run too fast whenever they see problems not knowing that a building can always build while employees can always hire as long as the project continues. For sure it is a risky move but a smart businessman knows when to play big.

YoungHyun added, "in term of business we have uncle Baek but in politics, there will be no second you, father. I bet."

Jia also joins in since flattering people is one of her many hidden talent (beside spending money fast). "My favourite comedian, Groucho Marx once said, behind every successful man is a woman, behind her is his wife. I didn't understand it until two hours ago."