40

Mingyu's POV

My mom was an artist, she graduated from the Royal college of art in London which was known to be the most difficult college to get in. I heard she got accepted without any application needed, she didn't want to be there in the first place but the school needed her because of how good my mom was at using her skilful hands.

She loves to paint, she would express her feeling through paintings. She would hold brush first thing in the morning and on her free time from being a professional painter, she paint for fun. I heard my father was the first man she paint, he was her first love and the last one. A beautiful, smart, rich and successful girl meet her ambitious but poor scholarship college boyfriend who promised to love her until the end of the world, not his world but her world. It sounds perfect but I always wish I could rewrite their love story, so my mom wouldn't die because of that cheater, so then I know what she looks like outside of the only few pictures we have left of her, and so I have someone I can call 'mother' after the age of 2.

I'm holding a brush in my hand with a big canvas in front of me as I close my eyes imagining how to paint her but for the past 2 hours nothing came, the canvas still blank, same as my mind. I'm proud that between the two children only I have her gene at art but in term of memory I want what my sister has. The memories of our mother.

Knock knock**

"Young master" two knocks on the door from my maid. They don't usually disturb me much during weekend, it's either calling for a mealtime or only when my father comes home.

"I'm not hungry."  I reply from inside the room.

"Young master, your friends are downstairs. They come to meet you."  She said from outside but as soon as I heard the word friends I quickly jump from my seat to the door. I want to make sure what I heard is right.

I open the door and ask, "Friends?"  My friends don't come to my house, I never told them not to but it's like an unspoken thing that they know they shouldn't come, except Scoups and maybe Jeonghan, Hoshi and Jia, they were here once. "How many people?"

"I didn't count but a lot." She said awkwardly. "Maybe more than 10?"

Yes. If she said 'a few'  They might be others people but when she said 'more than 10'  I know immediately that they're them.

I didn't ask anything else I just nod and motioning her to go back downstairs before I put on my shirt and follow as I can now hear their bickering somewhere around the pool.

Water play is always their favourite thing after basketball.

"He's here."  Seungkwan call out everyone's attentions. They were doing different things that each create absolutely chaos all over the place.

Jeonghan, Wonwoo, Vernon and Jun are eating McDonald takeout they brought from I don't know where. Dk, Dino and Woozi are currently shirtless preparing to join Scoups and Hoshi who are already in the water. Myungho and Joshua are petting my dogs. Even my maids watching from the corner are shocked by how much chaos they can do in just 10 minutes.

"You're here to swim?"  I said casually as I make my way to join them eating on the tanning bed by the pool. They all stop doing what they were doing and we all gather at where I'm sitting.

Accept the mood seem to be a little bitter with my present.

"You think we're here to have fun?"  Myungho ask, "We have pool at home too."  he's looking at me like I annoyed the heck out of him, so does everyone. It's confusing me.

"Don't make that face."  Said Joshua.

"What's wrong with you?"  I ask, annoyed.

"Then what was wrong with you?"  Dk immediately throw back at me, defending Josh.