29

Third Person's POV

After a long night it's time to separate. They bid Wonwoo's parents a goodbye as everyone started to get a little more than tipsy but less than drunk. Only Dino, Scoups, Dk and Seungkwan will spend the night at Wonwoo's place to play games as Jeonghan and Hoshi's parents demand them to go home no matter what. And the rest also have to go.

So Mingyu offered to take the two cousins and Jia home since he has something he wants to give her. He was waiting since this morning.

"Why don't you do a sleepover today Mingyu?"  Hoshi asked from the backseat having Jia next to him and Jeonghan at the passenger seat. "You don't normally go home this fast bro."

Mingyu shrugged, eyes focus on the road when Jeonghan starts speaking, "Why are you so slow, dummy. It's Valentine's Day he has to celebrate with his long distance girlfriend."

"Oh really? You and your girlfriend celebrate on call?" Jia decided to speak again after being mute for way so long. She suddenly interested in the topic that put Mingyu up on the cliff. "You maybe miss her a lot, are you?" He doesn't respond right away but surprisingly, he does the "hmmm" sounds, as he keeps stroking his neck endlessly due to the high stress level and pressure he's been putting on.

The 'hmmm' that equally to the 'yes' is pulling her heart out from where it supposed to be. It on her feet now.

"I heard they call each other every night. I'm so jealous of this lovebirds. But wait, hold on!!"  Hoshi starts gasping like the overeating he always is. "Nabi is going to arrive here by tomorrow afternoon. How could we all forget that?"

Hearing his words makes Mingyu's feet cold, he straight away finding Jia's face from the rear view mirror. Her eyes widened, looking at Hoshi in disbelief who's excitedly talking about the return of someone she expects to see last. If it's possible, she never wants to see this person in this life. At least not this soon.

"You're drunk Hoshi. Let's be quiet for a moment so that i can focus on the road."  Mingyu said with a straight tone. If they're not drunk yet they'll probably know that something is up because this is his girlfriend for three years that they're talking about. Why wouldn't he be happy to finally see her again?

The whole car goes silent until he drops the two off at their place. He wait for them to enter their door then shut it close first, before Mingyu got out of his car to the back trunk, to bring a big bouquet of white roses in his hands and give it to Jia who's already move to the front seat.

"Happy Valentines, babe."  He said smiling, a force one. It's kind of a wrong timing but he only got time to do it now.

On the other hand, Jia is sitting with her arm folded, eyes sternly on him and she doesn't budge nor smile at the big bouquet that is in front of her. Mingyu was in lost of words for a second but he does know the looks she's giving. He was expecting that as soon as he heard Nabi's name mentioned. It was like a dinner on a goddamn roller coaster ride for him.

"Jia, I—" 

"Kim Mingyu what are we?"  She looks at the flower in his hands and then at him again. Probably rethink about her life decision. "I'm starting to get so confused Mingyu. We kissed, we go on a date, we fight and you get me flowers on Valentines and even on random days. We do all the things that couples do but why can't we talk when people are around? Why do I feel like swallowing the dirt in silence every time they talked about her?"  She's letting some of it out because recently it's a little too heavy for her to handle alone. She speaks with eyes full of tears that aren't allowed to comes while throwing one question and another to the other person that has absolutely zero answers to none of that.