Chapter 9 - The Gala

13320 Mulholland Drive, Los Angeles, California - Saturday, July 8th 2023 - 6 pm
-
It was a fine summer evening in Los Angeles, California. On top of a hill on the famous Mulholland Drive, stood a house built like a castle. Two people were in the house, getting ready for a gala event that evening. One slipped on a form fitting sleeveless white embroidered dress, with plunging neckline, mermaid skirt, tons of crystal applique and a long train measuring up to ten feet long. While the other one slipped on a simple short sleeve black dress with A line skirt and big white collar.

Y/n looked at her dresser's mirror and buttoned up the collar of her dress. Then she smoothed the skirt of her black dress. After what seemed like hours, Jo, Aurora's stylist, decided to have her wear this plain black midi dress. Out of all the dresses the stylist had, she was surprised he had something as ridiculous as what she was wearing. She just needed to put on a white apron and black loafers and she would look exactly like Rosa and Gabriella in their maid uniforms.

When Aurora saw her in it she cackled and immediately told her how perfect it looked on her. She couldn't disagree more. But of course she had no say in it. Knowing she was going to resign the next day anyway, she withstood everything that Aurora and her minions did to her. Including letting them style her hair into a tight bun on top of her head, making her look exactly like a maid. The only saving grace was the shoes they asked her to wear. Apparently they didn't have any black loafers fit for a maid so they gave her the closest thing, a black closed toe high heel stiletto. She rarely wore high heel shoes let alone stilettos, so she was kind of nervous about it. She did some walking practice with it earlier and almost twisted her ankle again. She really hoped she wouldn't hurt herself that night at the gala. She couldn't wait until tomorrow so she could leave the dreaded place. Having herself injured again could hinder her plan.

After she made sure her dress was okay and her hair was pulled up into a neat tight bun, she put her stilettos on and stood up carefully. Then she made a silent prayer in her heart, asking for God's help that she would survive that night and not injure herself.

She was also quite nervous because she had never been to an event like that. Amore was having a new perfume launch gala party that evening where plenty of celebrities were expected to attend. Aurora was Amore's brand ambassador for that year so she was one of the main guests. Sebastian being her boyfriend was of course invited as her plus one.

Sebastian. Her heart ached a little as she thought of the way he looked at her last time. The disappointment in his eyes was clear. She wished she got the chance to explain more about what happened. She was sure he would understand. But he left without saying a word. Well, she would try to explain what happened to him if she got the chance that evening. She also planned on letting him know that she was going to resign. She hoped he wouldn't mind.

She glanced at her watch and decided it was time to go out. She would wait by the stairs until Aurora was ready.

She picked up her purse and slowly stepped out of her cell. Despite walking carefully she tripped near the kitchen door as she stepped on the short stairs connecting the garage to the kitchen, but her hand managed to grab onto the kitchen door so she thankfully didn't fall. She shook her head and continued to walk into the kitchen, saying again a silent prayer in her heart.

Her stilettos clacked on the marble tile in the house as she made her way across towards the circular stairs. Just as she arrived at the entrance the front door opened, revealing the most handsome man she had ever laid her eyes on.

"Oh hey, Y/n." Sebastian entered the house looking like a prince with his light blue suit and his hair pulled back neatly into a man bun.

"Oh, hi Sebastian." She smiled shyly, blushing a little.