Chapter 12 - Unexpected

Felix Trattoria Restaurant, Venice Beach, LA - Monday, July 10th 2023 - 6.30 pm

-

Y/n opened the door of Sebastian's car in front of Felix Trattoria restaurant, a high end Italian restaurant Aurora insisted for them to visit that night. Her heart jumped a little as a valet boy extended his hand to her. She picked the valet boy's hand and stepped out of the car.

"Thank you." She smiled and released his hand. She looked up to see the valet boy's cheeks reddened as she looked at him.

"Y.. you're welcome Miss Watson." The valet boy stuttered.

Suddenly she felt her arm being pulled to a different direction, forcing her to step away from the car.

"I told you. Stop thanking people." Aurora hissed as she dragged her towards the entrance of the restaurant, her other hand held a handbag with a barking Paris inside.

She sighed. "I forgot, sorry."

She looked straight ahead and saw Sebastian standing in front of two waitresses, his eyebrows furrowed and his mouth turned into a frown.

"You sure you can't sneak us in? There's only three of us.. and.. well.. a dog." Sebastian glanced at them as they stopped next to him.

"I'm sorry, sir. But you need to have a reservation. And we're really sorry but pets aren't allowed in the restaurant." One of the waitresses responded.

"Don't you see who they are?! I mean.. he's the Sebastian Stan and she's the Aurora Watson!" Aurora protested.

The waitresses glanced at each other.

"You know how many followers they have on Instagram? They can help promote your restaurant!" Aurora continued.

"Y/n.. that's okay. No need to inform them of that. They have rules and we should honor them. Let's just find somewhere else to eat." Sebastian said and he started to turn around.

"Wait! Let me just go in and ask our manager." One of the waitresses shouted.

"Okay, great!" Sebastian turned back around and smiled wide, making both waitresses' cheeks reddened. Then one of the waitresses left them.

"You know, you really don't need to say that Y/n." Sebastian said, looking at Aurora with a slight dislike on his face.

"I don't like using my fame." He shrugged.

"Well, I'm sorry, I thought it would help." Aurora responded.

"Yeah, I just don't want to be known as one of those celebrities who uses their fame for mundane things like this." He shrugged.

"Well, what is the point of being famous then?" Aurora asked, her eyebrows raised.

"I think for Sebastian it was never about fame. Right? Sebastian? I mean.. Seb." Y/n commented.

Sebastian turned to look at her and gazed at her for a moment. Once again she felt like he was seeing straight into her soul, making her heart skip a beat. Then he smiled at her warmly, making butterflies fly around in her stomach.

"I never thought you would get that, Aurora. But, yeah, it was never about fame for me. I just love acting for the sake of it. But being famous does have its perks." He winked at her and she felt warmth crawling from her neck up to her cheeks.

As if on cue, the waitress who left them returned with a smile on her face.

"Excuse me sir, ma'am. I've asked our manager and he allowed you to go in but on one condition." The waitress said.