Beep Beep Beep

SMG4 blinked as he heard small beeps and looked to his right to his alarm clock. He reached over and turned it off before sitting up. He rubbed his eyes, trying to wake up. He soon heard the door to the room open and looked over to see SMG3 walk in, carrying a small tray. "Morning sleeping beauty, you sleep well?" He said as he teased, walking over to him, sitting on the bed. SMG4 felt a hand running through his hair and leaned into the touch. "You got bed head." SMG3 teased as he looked at him.

SMG4 took a moment as he heard the beep noise again, but it was fainter this time. He looked confused, since he couldn't find the source of the noise. "What is that beeping noise?" He asked, which SMG3 looked confused.

"I don't hear anything." SMG3 said before moving to feed SMG4 a piece of toast. SMG4 was sure he heard something, but the noise was now gone. Maybe it was some construction or something going on outside. He ate what SMG3 fed him, soon having a nagging feeling in the back of his head.

"Hey, how did we get home last night?" SMG4 asked as he looked at SMG3.

"I drove us home." SMG3 said, which SMG4 didn't seem to question even though it seemed like he couldn't remember what had happened the last few days, let alone last night. Maybe he hit his head or his brain is blocking the memories. He soon finished breakfast with SMG3 and helped him clean up. "I was thinking we could take the kids for a walk today. Get some fresh air."

SMG4 nodded as he grabbed his clothes from the dresser drawer. "That's fine, let me get a quick shower in and then we can go." SMG4 said before heading into the bathroom. He turned on the water and waited for it to heat up before getting in. As his head was under the water, he thought he heard beeping again, but decided to shake it off this time. He got cleaned up and dressed before meeting SMG3 at the car with the kids. They got in and drove off to the park.

Once at the park, they got out and began their walk, SMG4 holding on to SMG3's hand. The familiar warmth was there, making SMG4 smile as they walked, keeping an eye on their kids. The two walked in comfortable silence for awhile until they heard an ice cream truck's music, the kids getting hyped. SMG4 chuckled softly. "You think we should get the kids some?"

SMG3 nodded. "They've been well behaved lately, so I think they deserve a treat." He said before they went to where the truck was parked. SMG4 walked with them as he got his wallet out to pay for the treats. When they reached the truck, SMG4 found it very difficult to read the sign on the side of the truck. It all seemed like word garbage to him.

SMG3 ordered for the kids and himself before looking at SMG4. "What do you want Four?" He asked, snapping SMG4 out of his thoughts.

"Oh, uh, I guess a fudge pop sounds good." He said as he looked at the ice cream truck driver. He was starting to feel like something was off. After they got their ice cream, they all went to go sit down on a bench nearby. SMG4 leaned against SMG3, looking around at the scenery, nibbling on his ice cream bar. SMG3 leaned over and lightly kissed the top of his head, wrapping an arm around his waist.

"Enjoying yourself?" SMG3 asked as he looked at SMG4, but as he was about to answer, SMG4 heard beeping again. This time it was loud and clear. SMG4 got up and looked around.

"That's the third time I've heard that beeping today. Where is it?" He questioned as he looked around, SMG3 looking concerned as he moved to hold his hand. SMG4 immediately pulled away. "I need to go find it."

"Four, wait." SMG3 tried to stop him but SMG4 was already walking away from him. SMG4 knew something was off as he walked off down the path. He rubbed his face he heard the beeping, it becoming more and more frequent as he walked. He soon heard someone sobbing as he walked passed the trees. He looked around and saw his friend Mario sitting down, crying. He stepped over and placed a hand on his shoulder.

"Mario? Are you okay?" SMG4 asked gently, making Mario look up at him with a tear stained face.

"SMG4...You gotta wake up..." He said, which confused SMG4 greatly. "Please, wake up for Mario...Wake up for your best friend..." He said as SMG4 blinked, looking up as he saw the trees slowly disappearing all around him.

"What is going on...?" SMG4 whispered in horror, stepping back from Mario, looking down and seeing his friend's face beginning to melt.

"SMG4, wake up..." SMG4 stepped back and began to run away, the colors disappearing along with the rest of the world. Soon, he was falling into an empty black void.

.

.

.

"SMG4, please wake up..." Mario begged as he looked at his SMG4's body, who was hooked up to a manner of different machines with wires attached to him. SMG4 had been in a coma for eight months now at this point, and Mario was worried he'd lose his best friend forever. Mario felt a hand on his shoulder, and looked up to see it was Meggy.

"Red, you should go home and get some rest, something to eat, clean up." Meggy said softly, concerned how Mario hadn't taken proper care of himself lately.

"But I can't just leave him...What if he wakes up and I'm not here to make sure he's okay?" Mario said as he sniffled.

"It's been eight months, Red. You know what the doctors said about him." She mumbled sadly, making Mario shake his head.

"I won't leave...I need to be here for him. He has no one else." Mario stated as he closed his eyes, listening to the beeping of the machines. "SMG4, wake up..." He said before hearing a groan break up the regular noises. He snapped his eyes open and looked up at SMG4, seeing his facial features twitch a little.

Slowly opening his eyes to adjust to the bright lights, SMG4 groaned and looked around, seeing Meggy and Mario looking at him. The two smiled and began to cry happily as their friend was finally awake after so long. Mario immediately hugged SMG4, holding on to him for dear life. "Please don't go into another coma again!" Mario said as he sobbed.

"You have no idea how glad we are to see you're awake. You've been in a coma for eight months." Meggy said as she held on to SMG4's hand. SMG4 did his best to squeeze her hand three times. He paused and repeated only squeezing three times again. It took Meggy a minute to realize what SMG4 was asking about. "Are you asking about SMG3? Once for no, twice for yes." She said, before getting to hand squeezes as Mario pulled back from the hug so SMG4 could look at Meggy.

"He's...He's not okay..."