Chapter 13

Izayoi's P. O. V:

All the Genin were gathered in single file in a huge room with a giant statue of a pair of hands in the Ram hand sign, all the Jounin and exam instructors gathered before them. I spot my team standing next to Team 7, Hiro at the front, then Kai and lastly Amaya.

Even the Hokage was here.

Anko declares, standing off to the right, "First of all, congratulations on finishing the second exam!" She smiles at us

I see the Grass and Sound teams have made it, including our opponents from the Forest of Death, along with the Hidden Stone. The redhead is fought glares daggers at me and I get a weary feeling from him. All the Leaf Village teams were here, too.

I was really happy and glad that Naruto's team made it.

"I'm so hungry," I hear Choji complain.

Shikamaru complains, "What a drag. There are so many left. This is such a pain!"

Ino says excitedly, gazing at Sasuke behind me, "Sasuke and his team have passed too!"

Shikamaru drawls, "Well, of course they did. After all the trouble we went through to keep them safe, they'd better have passed."

Guy says, "I see your team didn't do too bad, Kakashi. They must've gotten real lucky." Here, he briefly closes his eyes. "Of course, with my team still around, your team is doom to failure. After all, what matters on the next test is ability, and we've got you far outclassed. Well, I guess a part of growing up is learning to deal with heartbreak, huh, Kakashi?"

He chuckles and looks at my husband.

"Hm?" Kakashi utters, glancing to Guy. "Did you say something?"

This causes Guy to gape and cry out as he clasps his hands to the sides of his head, eyes animated white circles. Guy whips away and clenches his fist tightly, fire literally burning around him.

I hear whimpering and peer over at the Inuzuka on Team 8. The small white puppy with brown on the tops of his ears is tucked into the front of the boy's grey fur lined jacket. He seems scared for some reason and I silently wonder what happened.

Then, the Hokage steps forward and gives a speech about the third exam. The true purpose of these exams is to raise the abilities of Shinobi and increase the friendship between allied nations, but they're a representation of battles between allied nations.

Before the nations became one, in order to avoid destroying each other's military strength meaninglessly, those nations picked champions to do battle on behalf of their country's mutually selected location, which was how these exams originally began. Choosing us to be Chunin wasn't the whole point of these exams. It's a place where we can fight with the pride of our nations on our backs. And fight against other ninja for their very lives.