39. Jaelyn Brentwood

We'd officially been in LA for a month, and I had started my job as a Software Engineer three weeks ago. I enjoyed it but it stressed me out at times. I sighed as I threw my head back, getting frustrated with my code not working as I wanted it to. I decided to take a break as I grabbed my phone as I went to Twitter, the first tweet I saw automatically made my heartbeat speed up.

Adrian was fine, fine as hell so I understood it, but this made me realize that he really was famous now, because his celebrity crush just put it out there that she was crushing on him and the shit lowkey made me sick

I clicked his name to head to his Twitter, he wasn't big on social media but like me, he checked it and interacted on it a few times a week. I saw he had responded to someone recently so I clicked on the thread.

I was happy to know that he at least put it out there that he wasn't single, we hadn't really posted one another - simply because I didn't want to be in the limelight he was in

I was happy to know that he at least put it out there that he wasn't single, we hadn't really posted one another - simply because I didn't want to be in the limelight he was in. I was not one of those girlfriends who desired to become some type of influencer, I wanted to live my life low with minimal people knowing who I was and connected to. I went to his likes, curious if he was one of the people who liked her tweets and of fucking course he was. I rolled my eyes as I exited out of the app annoyed.

Just as I locked my phone I heard the door unlocking as he walked in. He walked into our home office, placing a kiss on the side of my face as he spoke, "hey baby." He let out with a deep sigh like he was tired, "how is work going?" He asked as he plopped down on the couch in the room. "Frustrating." I let out honestly as I faced him. "I saw Adrienne Starr's tweet." A big small spread across his face, dimples pulling in as he stretched his arms over the length of the couch. "She fuckin' with a nigga." He beamed as I rolled my eyes, he laughed at my reaction.

"Now I know you ain't trippin' off that shit." He let out, "she's your celebrity crush, and now you're a celebrity and you're her crush. So now this shit is just crushes, attainable, reachable, crushes." I informed him, he laughed, "Jae, you fuckin' crazy." I tilted my head to the side, "no, I think I make perfect sense." He nodded, "I mean yeah, but you still fuckin' crazy." He laughed as he continued, "what are you thinking?" He asked, "you thinking crazy shit like me leaving you to go be with her? All because of a tweet?" His eyes were on me.