Dale

A piercing wind passed as he looked up to see 10 sheep pass him. He let out a whistle, on the other side of the paddock, he saw a fluffy ball come closer and closer to round up the sheep. It was his spirit animal, Blaze. 

Dale chased after his dog to help with closing the gate after the sheep decided to behave. He walked home with Blaze, playing along the way, with the wind behind them. Dale comes home to see numerous footprints leading up to his house.

 He crouched down to Blaze and murmured, "Help me, Blaze." They connect and then his world is different. His hearing was better, his eyesight sharper and his smell stronger. Dale placed his ear against the house wall to hear what was going on. He heard a constant talking over his father and then he heard a familiar voice. Rollan! He ran to the door, wanting to meet the fallen again but stopped himself as he heard Abeke say.

" -this talisman existed. I thought all the great beasts died and became spirit animals."Dale didn't know what they were talking about, but he knew it was important.Dale tried to open the door as quietly as he could, but a screech came out. He blocked his ears as he heard this screech. 7 spirit animals charged at him but as they saw who he was. They stopped and came up to lick him.

"Hey Dale, why did you come back so late?" asked Conor, his father.

"Uh, I was just playing with Blaze," exclaimed Dale. He didn't want them to know that he had heard their conversation so he said something random,

"Can I see Irina? I wanted to show her Blaze."

"Sure," Irina's voice called out from the other side of the room. "You can also show the twins as well."

 "They are on a bit of a nontalking contact right now," she whispered as they made their way outside in the backyard.