Care?

Tom started driving trough the empty streets. I couldn't even cry anymore, I just stared out the window, watching as each street light passed as we sped away. I was feeling empty, now I had nothing to live for, nothing to fight for.

I wonder what Lauren's doing, is she happy? Did she find another guy to obsess over, did she find someone else to talk to about her feelings or to just sit in silence with them, looking at the ceiling and bursting into laughter..I miss her, a lot, but it's pointless asking Tom to let me talk to her. He won't let me, not after all the shit I've done. I don't even know how he hasn't killed me yet, maybe he cares about me..but I don't think he can care about me..he doesn't care about anything...

Tom's POV
________________________________

When I walked into that house, seeing her on the floor with a gun pointed at her head my world stopped, for the first time in my life I didn't know what to do..She looked so helpless..she wanted to die, I know that..but I couldn't let her die. I wouldn't know what to do with myself if that happened.

I didn't know her for a long time, I honestly don't know anything about her, but I care about her, more than I should do..I don't know how to describe it, she's so beautiful it hurts..she lights every room she walks in. I caused her pain, pain she should never feel again. I hate myself for hurting her..

I don't think she cares about me, how could she? But I care about her, she'll never know this because I don't know how to show it to her, I never cared about anyone else besides Bill..

We arrived home, I don't know how did the time pass so fast but it did. I parked the car in front of the house and looked at Katherine, she didn't look at me, she was resting her head on the window, staring straight ahead. I couldn't blame her, she lost everything she had in one night. I placed my hand on her knee, this made her look at me. I looked into her eyes, i slowly started rubbing her knee, trying to comfort me her as best as I could.

Katherine's POV
________________________________

Tom looked at me in the most caring way he ever did, maybe he did care about me.

My arm still hurt like shit and I was dizzy, I couldn't do anything besides looking at him. I didn't say anything, I don't think I needed to. He got out of the car and opened my door. Lifting me up in his arms. He helped me walk into the house and carried me up to his room. He laid me down on his bed and laid down next to me.

I was laying on my back, my head turned towards him. Tom was laying on his side looking at me. He breathed calmly, his eyes admiring my face. "Do you want me to give you something for the pain?" he asked softly. "No.." I replied, I lied, I needed something for the pain but I was so exhausted I could barely keep my eyes open.

Tom put a strand of hair behind my ear and caressed my cheek slowly, trying to somewhat console me. But we both knew it was pointless, but he tried, and I appreciate that. He is treating me better, a lot better. This only caused my love for him to grow. I don't know if I can call it love, I don't really know what love feels like, but for the moment I'll think it's love..

When he looked at me like that it felt like it's only us against the world, I know I might sound stupid but he made me forget everything when I looked into his beautiful brown eyes..

Tom's POV
________________________________

As she was looking at me so sweetly my heart melted..I don't know what it is but I feel something for her..And I shouldn't, if I fall in love with her, I'll only hurt her more than I already do....

________________________________
A/N:
I can't say how sorry i am for not posting for two weeks, i've been at my lowest and i'm trying my best. I won't talk on here about my personal life because that's my personal business.
I just want you guys to stick with me because i'll get better i promise.
better chapters are coming so be patient ❤️❤️
thank you for the support and i love each and every one of you guys ❤️❤️❤️