Chapter 71

Klaus is frustrated. He is frustrated beyond belief because instead of being with Stiles and making sure that his spark takes breaks during his search for ways to revive Jeremy, Klaus is standing in the shadows of a truck stop, waiting.

When Klaus found out about Jeremy's death, he felt sympathy for his spark. It was weird feeling it after so long not caring about anyone else's feelings. Then, then he felt worried because he immediately went round to Stiles' house and found himself yet again unable to enter. Stiles explained that he changed who the house belonged to so that Elena would no longer be able to enter as she now had her emotions off and he wasn't risking her around Jenna.

But that wasn't the only reason he felt worried. He felt worried because Stiles, his beautiful, courageous, smart spark looked run down and broken. He was going on and on about different theories on how to bring his brother back. When Klaus pointed out that it takes a great deal of power to revive someone from the dead and not die yourself, Stiles had brushed him off with a simple, 'I'm a spark, I'll be fine.'

As a result of this Klaus called Elijah and asked what he should do about their boy and Elijah sounded confused which made Klaus realise that Stiles hadn't told Elijah about Jeremy's death. So, Klaus explained that whilst on the search for the cure Jeremy died as a result of Katerina's meddling. Elijah was rightfully horrified and became fearful for Stiles' mental health when Klaus explained what Stiles is doing.

Elijah gave Klaus an order and if it was any other time and for literally anyone else, Klaus would have ignored it, but this was for Stiles. Elijah told Klaus that he shouldn't attempt to stop their spark. That would just lead to unrest, pain and arguing. Instead, what Klaus needed to do was be there for Stiles and make sure the boy took breaks in his research and was eating and drinking. Then Elijah made him promise that he would do so and Klaus for once in his supernaturally long life, gave his word and meant it.

Elijah promised Klaus that he would be back in Mystic Falls the moment that he could and that if all went well, he would be bringing a present with him for Stiles. Klaus wasn't sure what Elijah was planning but Klaus knew his brother well enough to know that it would be something Stiles would love.

So, for the past few days Klaus has been working with Jenna to make sure that Stiles takes breaks from his research and eats, drinks and gets out of the house for at least five minutes. Stiles doesn't seem to truly notice just how bad he's gotten, barely talking, barely eating. The only thing he seems to do is research and snap at them when they make him take a break. He hasn't even gone to visit Jeremy's body which Klaus is keeping protected in his house.

Klaus has been busy taking care of Stiles along with Jenna but this evening he's had to leave the woman to do it alone on account of him getting a message for help and an offer to give over information on Katerina. And as much as Klaus doesn't want to stay away from his spark whilst he's clearly hurting, Klaus needs to find Katerina to punish her for her continued need to be the biggest pain in his ass.

So, here he is in a truck stop parking lot waiting for his informant to arrive. He hears the sound of steps heading in the direction of their meeting point when the footsteps suddenly stop. That's when Klaus hears not just one heartbeat but two. He immediately starts moving through the shadows towards where the footsteps stopped and as he's doing so, he hears a fight start.

A pained female moan breaks through the noise making it clear that his informant is not winning the fight, so he speeds up his steps and vamp runs over to the vampire currently trying to kill the werewolf. He grabs the vampire's jacket and spins them around so that they are facing him.

"Have a care, mate. That's no way to treat a lady." Klaus says with his fangs extended before he bites down into the vampire's neck.

He then pulls away and throws the vampire halfway across the parking lot into a truck.