11. Wedding Anxiety

By evening, she was dressed in a beautiful red bridal dress. Dazzling ornaments adorning her. Her face painted with light make up but that still gave her the exotic look which every bride would want. Her husband-to-be has demanded his bride to look beautiful.

Beautiful for him.

But her heart was pounding fast against her chest, she was dressed as a bride. A day she never expected in her life to occur. Her heart was restless. Myriads of emotions had succumbed her totally, capturing her soul. Hazing her brain as the clouds would do, she wasn't able to decipher anything.

Anticipation.

Anxiety

Fear.

The emotions she felt was a combination of these three.

She was a bride. Her feelings were so potent and mixed up that she wasn't able to understand that what was she feeling.

She was repeatedly trying to calm herself but her heart striked as if it would jump out of her chest any moment. Nothing was working. And her wedding night, the thought alone was making her shake. Only one question was going through her mind.

What would she do?

It was one of those moments, when life puts you in a do or die situation for you. And you've to do it but you don't have enough courage to do so.

"What would he do to me if he came to know?" she whispered to herself. Her mind was a mess, rather she was a mess herself disguised as an enchanting bride that would tempt anyone.

Tears formed in her eyes as her anxiety reached at its peak. It was the second time she felt this anxious. The first time was when she was alone with that animal in the room who was there to quench his sexual desires, the man who took her virginity.

His sharp green eyes were still engraved in her mind.

"What would happen?" she mumbled, her pupils moving to and fro with anticipation.

Her fear was just so deep making her hands shiver. She needed someone to calm her but as soon as she slowly looked around there was no one. Not even her mother on her big day. And with that, the negativity and helplessness increased to heights.

On the cue, the door opened, revealing Alizeh, who was looking beautiful in the her wedding attire.

"Roshanay, what happened to you?" She asked, worriedly, moving towards her. Her face was pale yellow.

"Its...its nothing. I'm fine," she replied, her voice small and shaky, not above a whisper. She tried to cover up her anxiety so Alizeh won't get to the depths of her anxiousness.

"I see how fine you are, come on, drink this water," she said and made her drink the water. Alizeh noticed how badly her hands were shivering when she took the glass of water.

"You are not fine," Alizeh stated, as a matter-of-fact, looking at her who was slowly drinking water in small sips.

"I'm fine,"

"Okay, fine. Relax first, its the time for nikkah but we won't go until you are goos and calmed. Take your time,"

As soon as the word nikkah mentioned, she went stiff, her eyes looking up catching up her reflection in the mirror. She saw how the anxiety in her eyes increased and subconsciously a frown formed on her forehead. She gulped then blinked.