CHAPTER 32

It was evening when her eyes had striked open. One look at the clock made her realize she slept for six hours straight. She was shocked to say the least and later she figured it out, her coping mechanism overcame her. 

Whenever she felt this entire sense of anxiety enveloping her heart, clawing its paws deep in the pit of her heart, she always slept. Slept as if there would be no tomorrow. Because if she won't, her overthinking would tenfold her anxiety. And she was aware of that. So sometimes she took the help of sleeping pills or other times, the sleep would naturally come to her. 

She felt her stomach groaning out of hunger so she got up and as she passed through her bed, her eyes fell on the mirror. Showing her reflection. She caught the sight of her lips. They were red. A little bit swollen with dried blood where Moosa had bit her. 

As she recalled those moments in the back of her mind, her heart began to beat out of rhythm. Skipping beats. 

All you have is two days Roshanay...

Moosa's words ran for the umpteenth time in her head, putting her in a web. An unsolved puzzle. She couldn't find any solution to it. Something told her to tell Moosa directly and confess about her past. But she tried practicing running the words on her lips, 'Moosa your wife was a slut...a  prostitute' 

The peculiarity, the oddness she felt succumbing her heart as soon as those words left her lips further confused her. It was the truth but as if after marrying him she had forgotten it and now it just felt so distant of a notion, so unreal and surreal at the same time that she was that before marriage. Chills travelled down her spine and she had shut her lips, with tears dropping down her eyes.

The reality she was ashamed to narrate and accept even in private, how would she utter it infront of Moosa? How would his mother react? How would Alizeh react?

And for Farah, she would be a laughing stock.

Not just that, even men close to him and his subordinates would know... then how would she meet eyes with them.

And even if Moosa came to know, what would happen if at one party in near future, they encounter her old customer?

All these possibilities ran through her mind and these thoughts had forced her to take sleeping pills. 

Since she was clueless as what to do. She just wanted to escape. 

Escape until her breaths allowed it.

Escape from the dark truth and the sad reality.

Escape.....

Not wanting to fall victims to her thoughts again, she went to the washroom, freshened herself up before leaving the room and going straight to the kitchen that was hustling and bustling. The maids were going in and out, setting thee dining table since it was dinner's time almost. 7 p.m.

She thought of joining everyone at the dinner table instead of  eating separately. And she was aware that Moosa won't join since he has been coming home late night.

After what happened between them in the morning, she was afraid to face him again. 

So she left the kitchen and walked to Alizeh's room. Knocking, she entered and found her munching on an apple, white sitting on the bed, cross-legged and working on her laptop with something. Her curly hair opened. And as soon as she spotted Roshanay, her eyes widened with surprise.

"Wow! You're out?!" 

"Yes," Roshanay nodded, entering her room and closed the door before sitting beside her. 

"I checked on you but you were sleeping as if you were in some sleeping competition,"

"Because I am a sleeping beauty," Roshanay smiled, showing her teeth.