CHAPTER 25

Her eyes were going through the lines of the book she was reading but every now and then she has to focus on words to grasp the meaning. Continuously, her mind was being shifted to somewhere else instead of thr story which those lines entailed.

The book, titled, 'Zaryaab' was about an underworld mafia guy who was not just a businessman but also a prominent politician of the country. A dark and quiet aura had succumbed him always on the streets he walk and within his heart, he carried a deep and intense fire that had been burning him for years.

The book was nice, engaging and full of mysteries but still couldn't get Roshanay's focus as her mind was on something else which was more intense and heartwracking at the moment. Something which required her attention more than this book. She was only reading it to drift her thoughts away but again her mind dragged her to the same point which she had been trying to avoid.

The chip.

She still has not planted it in his study.

And she was trying to find a perfect time to insert it somewhere but couldn't.

Rather, the truth was, she had many opportunities and even if not, she was able to create many opportunities to plant the chip but her heart.

Her heart always began to beat erratically even with the thought of doing this sin.

Her fear always messed up her senses, clamming her hands and hazing her mind.

There were so many things which were at stake.

And what shook her to the core was the idea of getting caught by Moosa.

Oh God!

She was so fearful of him in this matter. So fearful that the anxiety had her puke her guts out.

But on the other hand it was about her mother.

What if they kill her mother?

She closed the book and placed it on her chest before resting her headon the headrest. She closed her eyes trying to figure out what her next step must be. Because the next step would be deciding her life and her mother's life. Not just them but Moosa's life also.

Will she betray Moosa?

Or will she let her mother die?

The confusion was putting her mind in a cycle which began with anxiety and ended with depression, giving her the news about the dead end of her future.

There were so many things which could go wrong by inserting that chip. And so many thing could go worst if she would not.

Another thought crossed her mind.

And that was to tell Moosa.

But again her past would come in the middle.

She has to exempt her past from the story if she was to tell the truth to Moosa.

But how?

Because all of it pinned together down to her past.

Her puzzled mind was making her go breathless. The time was short. The timeframe which Sufyan and Ayyan has given her was already reaching the end.

Her eyes opened when the door to the room was opened and came in Moosa. Her heart began to beat in her chest as she sat up and placed the book on the site table before standing. Meanwhile, Moosa took his watch and placed it on the table followed by his phone.

She walked past him to fetch him water and food amd the next second her arm was in his grasp and she was pulled towards him.

A sharp breath was released from her lips and befire she could regain her senses, she found Moosa's head on her neck, inhaling her scent.