CHAPTER 27

Her feet moved fast as tears kept on spilling down her eyes. Laid on the floor of the kitchen was the broken pieces of the mug and the coffee concoction spilled around. Resting against the kitchen shelf was the man dressed in black. In his hands, was her dupatta (scarf) as an evil smirk was formed on his lips while staring at her scarf. 

Roshanay rushed towards their room, eyes glistening with tears, fear gripping her heart. Her steps fast to reach her safety. The door of thei room came infront her vision and she suddenly stopped in front of the door, breathing heavily. Light sobs jolting her body so she placed her palm on her mouth.  Nose red and face blotched. 

More and more tears spilled out of her eyes.

Even being someone's wife.... not just someone but Moosa Khan's wife.... she still has to face it.

When will this get over?

Will I ever be able to live freely?

Out of fear?

And with respect?

She tried to quiten herself down. It was not the right time to let her emotions let loose. She needed to have controls over them. 

Instantly, she cleared her tears and tapped at her blotched face. She stayed there for a few more minutes until the redness on her face subsided before opening the door of the room. 

Her eyes fell on Moosa who apparently was done praying, now lied on the bed and had a book in his hands. As soon as he noticed her presence, he looked up at her. Their eyes met and she forced a smile before noticing his hand forwarded towards her that he indicated her to take.

She closed the door behind her before slowly approaching him with her slow steps while trying her best to maintain her composure infront of him. She placed her hand in his and he abruptly jolted her body that made her land on the bed and he hovered over her. 

She stared at him with her anxious eyes. Her chest raising up and down with her small breaths. Moosa stared intently at her as he shifted his attention between either of her eyes before slowly moving his thumb and slowly caressing her forehead with the pad of his thumb. 

"Did something happen?" he asked, focusing his eyes on a mole near her forehead.

"No," her voice was a soft whisper. 

"Did you cry?" 

She shook her head but couldn't resist the tears that suddenly came in her eyes on this question. She immediately cleared her tears that accumulated in her eyes but more came out making her sniffle and soon a sob reached her throat that she pressed down but it produced a sharp pain in her throat eventually making it reach to her lips but she still shook her head infront of Moosa. 

She didn't know what to do at this point. 

She was harassed at the house of her husband. Her husband- a mafia don, a very influential man and despite being his wife, she was still getting harassed and she couldn't reveal anything to him only because of the fear of her past. 

"No," her chin wobbled as she cleaned her tears, "I-I-I... did (hiccup) didn't," 

Moosa sat up straight, before holding her arm and making her sit. 

"What happened?" he asked and she instantly wrapped her arms around him, "I miss my mother," she whispered near his ear. 

...

When Roshanay came into his house, he had asked Ayaan to do a background check on her. Moosa also asked him to find her mother but Ayaan apprised that she was untraceable now because there were high chances that she got killed or maybe taken to some other country. Moosa didn't reveal it to Roshanay then because even he wasn't sure that her mother was alive or not.