CHAPTER 31

Moosa entered the room and first thing, his eyes fell on her sleeping form. Her long hair sprawled on the pillow as her face was turned to the window of the room which opened to the balcony. He retrieved his car keys, phone and wallet and placed these items on the table before taking off his coat and throwing it on the sofa. He went to the washroom and took a shower and within minutes was out of the restroom in fresh pair of a grey T-shirt and a black trouser. 

He headed towards the bed where she slept. As soon as he got near her, he instinctively neared to inhale her scent. She smelled of fresh flowers and it made him inhale more of her fragrance, enriching his nostrils. 

This tiny movement around her seemed to disturb her slumber as her eyes got opened and she turned towards him.

"Moosa?" she whispered, before looking at the clock. It was 11:30.

Did not he tell her that he was going to be late?

"Was someone missing me?" he asked, humorously making a smile appear on her lips.

"Maybe... you were missing someone and that's why you came early," Roshanay shot back in her groggy voice.

Moosa smiled, "you got me there,"  he said and teased her nose with his. His stubble brushing against her cheek in the process making small tingles arise there as butterflies danced in her stomach. Red immediately appeared on her cheeks, unmasking her feelings.

"It's... it's tingling," she murmured, only for him to tease her more, making her laugh. 

"Moosaa!" she tried pushing him back and he backed away, placing all his weight on his elbow while he was turned towards her. His eyes slowly shifted towards her lips, on which she was rubbing her tongue.

 He proceeded towards her, making her stop her action before sucking her lower lip and then placed a chaste kiss on them. And this time, she responded back to him as the butterflies in her stomach were suggesting. She rounded her hands around his neck, lifting her head from the pillow, kissing him back. Slowly, she opened the barrier of her lips, inviting his tongue. But before this intimate moment could proceed, Moosa slowly pulled away, brushing his lips with hers and kissed her chin. For a moment, she felt as if someone left on her edge... as if she wanted more of him. It was an instinct upon which she acted. 

She felt safe around him. 

The only man with whom she appreciated the intimacy. 

It was only the trauma of the past and the revealation of truth that always stopped the escalation of intimacy between them. 

 He unlocked her small hands around the back of his neck, kissing her hands and held them in his big palms. He laid down beside her and snuck his arm around her, cocooning her in his arms. He kissed her temple and closed his eyes before uttering, "sleep,"

Roshanay closed her eyes momentarily. Her heart was still fluttering in her chest, letting her consume by the feelings which she felt earlier upon his touch.

Her body responded differently to his touch....

"Moosa," she whispered after some moments of silence in which only the sound of his breathing could be heard. 

"Yes," he responded, his eyes still closed.

"I've a request," her voice small as she felt his thumb drawing circles on her navel above the shirt of her PJ.

"Hmm?" he probed her to continue. 

"Can I leave the room tomorrow?" 

"No," was his immediate respond.