23

Her mind was trying hard to put two and two together. Her eyes were widened with surprise yet her brain was occupied in connecting the dots and trying to make herself believe that it was him who was standing infront of her.

She was stilled at her spot. Her feet has refused to move. All her strengths were occupied in coming out of the shock.

The face she had always abhorred. 

The person whom she had always loathed.

He was standing infront of her. Tall, fit and fine. 

Did not they take him away as well?

Then how is he here?

"Uncle," she whispered, still in her trance. 

Her eyes slightly shifted to another man in the room. His green eyes were already fixed at her face.

How is he connected with Ayyan?

Another question popped up in his mind.

Sufyan moved closer towards her and flicked his finger. Ayaan moved and locked the door.

She was suddenly on a high alert. Her heart was palpitating in her ears. But still the confusion that had her mind arrested didn't let her think much. 

"Roshanay, my beautiful niece," Sufyan uttered. Roshanay could sense a mockery in his voice. She knew then he had ulterior motives. 

But what?

"What... what are you doing here?" she questioned.

"I must commend you. You became the wife of Moosa Isfahan Khan. One of the most feared mafia dons in the region,"

"Do you know where my mother is?" she asked the question which had first erupted in her mind after seeing Sufyan there.  

"That is what I want to talk about," he remarked, "your mother,"

A hope immediately sparkled in her, "really? do you know where is she?"

"I do, my daughter," he said with a smile that didn't reach his eyes but Roshanay's heart was too delighted with the news to pay heed and take notice of expressions on his face.

"Please can I meet her?"

"You will," It was Ayaan who responded and came closer to her but Roshanay took a step back from him. "But only if you tread on the path we set for you,"

"The path which will lead you to your mother," Sufyan remarked, moving in circles around her.

A frown came up on her forehead, "what... path?"

"Path which is now destined for you to follow.... if you want your mother alive," Ayaan told when Sufyan stopped infront of her.

"I don't... what do you mean?"

"Your mother is with us," Sufyan announced, "and you know she needs propel medical care for her survival so her life is also confiscated in our hands,"

Roshanay knew where this conversation was going and that was already making her footing weak. 

"Please be clear," her voice toned down to a whisper.

"You know... I and Ayaan work for a similar cause. He came to me the day he saw you with Moosa and I told him not to worry. Roshanay will come in handy in circumstances we're working in, working for and working against. And I assured Ayaan that to my niece her uncle matters the most. The uncle who has her mother's life in his hands,"

"Did not those terrorists take my mother, other girls at the brothel and your family?"

"I work with them," Sufyan dropped the bomb and slowly the truth began to sink in Roshanay's mind.