14. Rules

Chewing on her fingers, she was sitting anxiously on the off white couch. Anxiety rolled off her face. She could hear the water running in the bathroom that meant he was taking a shower. And she didn't want that shower to be over ever. She, now, wasn't having the courage to face him.

Afraid and scared.

And you've earned a punishment, my wife.

His dominating voice again ran within her ears.

What would he do?

She kept on thinking that, making more and more chills to walk on her spine.

Her eyes moved left then right, moving to and fro among the four walls. Her throat had caged her breath and her whole body was cold.

The fear of punishment was making her heart beat to rise rapidly.

Would he beat her?

Slap her?

Rape her?

How he would punish her?

The scenarios running in her mind made series of goosebumps to rise all over her body. Her body getting more and more cold.

All the anticipation flooded inside her and she felt tears running to her eyes but she blinked them in.

Disturbed, she stood up and began to wander here and there in the room. Her legs trembling. And she began to think of the ways how to persuade him not to punish her.

"Meinay.... aisa kuch....mtlb mera aisa....irada nahi tha k....k mei...yunh karu...Mje...bss thora sa-nahi aisey nahi," She was forming a line but stopped not finding it suitable. Her throat persistent to rise up her tears but she ceased them, by stopping her walk and closing her eyes.

(I...didn't mean to....I mean I didn't have the intentions to....act like that. I just need....need a little- No. Not like that)

She inhaled then exhaled, telling herself she is not weak. She has seen situation worse than this. She was strong. She chanted encouraging words to herself and finding herself calm enough, she opened her eyes again.

Her eyes had gotten light red due to the tears that were just supposed to remain within her eyes. She never let them flow.

They made her weak. Vulnerable.

After having a moment with herself, her lips opened again to practice sentences that she would be uttering to him. Her trembling legs began to move again as she roamed around the whole room to find something suitable that would persuade him.

"I...was not....I was not. I was not...going to do that. Yes, I was not going to do that but....it happened...I'm sorry," She uttered again, her mind couldn't propose anything sane or reasonable at the moment. She was saying the gibberish that her brain could come up with under the severe anxiety she felt.

"No, not this, Roshanay," she told herself, closing her eyes with desperation.

"I was...scared...and I thought....I thought," she stated while gesturing with her hands to bring more expression to her persuasion, "I thought....you will.....kill me. I'm sorry-Ahh!" She suddenly screamed on bumping into something.

That was....

Hard and wet?

Her thick lashes raised up and she found him, who had emerged from the washroom. Her slender fingers placed on his sturdy chest as support. She saw water droplets dripping down his hair that fell on his bulky shoulders. His whole body frame looked well built and strong. By just feeling it underneath her fingers, she could bet, he could easily kill a man just by his one single hard punch.