CHAPTER 29

With her face hidden in her knees and hands wrapped around her legs, she sat on the floor helplessly as tears made their way out of her eyes. She has been sitting on the floor and crying for almost an hour or more now. Her hair sprawled around her body acting as a curtain. 

The broken trust in Moosa's eyes was eating her up, fueling her guilt. The terror of his words was setting its foot in her heart.

Not even a shadow of a man?

Little did he know, the past life of her wife has been nothing but exposed to them. Her heart was breaking at this fault in her. Moosa was enraged just by knowing that a man touched her even when she was not at fault but what will happen when he would actually come to know about how and in what state did those men see her? 

She should be sad? Or scared?

A mix of both these potent emotions was swirling up within her. 

She has begun to loathe herself now.

Ideas as severe as suicide or eloping were brewing up in her mind but she knew all of this was not possible. She didn't want to run. She didn't want to kill herself. 

Yet she was so helpless in this matter.

Moosa's trust on her broke.

She still remember when he confronted to her upon Farah's accusations about Ayaan leaving their room when she was alone. And Roshanay denied. Moosa didn't believe in Farah's truth but trusted her lie. 

He gave everything to her. The peace, the comfort, the respect and love she craved and desired in her life but still her past was cracking up her present. A speck of it just came in Moosa's knowledge and she could already see that callousness in his eyes.

Her soft crying got disturbed when the door to her room cracked opened.

"Alizeh... Moosa ney bohot daanta.... daanta hai,"  Her voice cracked.

(Alizeh Moosa scolded me alot) 

She felt Alizeh nearing towards her as she continued, "Moosa sei ab darr lgta hai. Bohot darr. Mei unn sei koi baat nhi karunh gi. Ab mera iss sab mei kia... kia kasoor tha?"  She sniffled, cleaning her tears as she felt Alizeh sitting near her.

(I am now scared of Moosa. Very scared. I won't tell him anything. What even was my fault in all this?)

"Moosa ab muj sei bohot nafrat karty hain kia?"  She said and looked up to ask Alizeh with her blotched face only to get her eyes widened in shock. 

(Does Moosa hate me alot now?)

"No he doesn't," Moosa responded as he sat beside her on the floor. 

Roshanay in utter shock slid back on the floor. 

"M-m-oosa," she stuttered. 

"He does not hate you," he held her arm and with a jerk made her land on her chest as now their faces breaths way.

"But his anger is destructive," his voice tone down to a whisper as his gaze flickered to her plump lips, "and he can't entertain lies," Roshanay looked away immediately upon finding his focus on her lips, "especially from those who are close to him," in these minimal words he delivered the message with an underlying threat. 

Moosa turned her face towards him. His gesture was soft and warm. He wasn't being cold. 

"Moosa... I shouldn't h-h-have hidden things from you. I'm sorry,"

"Why?" he grasped her chin, caressing it with his thumb.

She looked away. There were so many answers to this why alone all revolving around her past but she didn't want him to know.