18. Lies & Liar

"A..ayaan?" She asked surprisedly. Small tremors leaving her form.

"Yes, how do you know him?"

"I don't know any Ayyan," she abruptly said stepping back from him.

He cocked his brow at her, "Don't lie,"

"Please, I really don't know any Ayyan,"

"But I saw him coming out of this room,"

Her face turned yellow but she immediately drunk in the fear. She needed to remain steadfast.

"What are you trying to say?" She contended.

"You know him or not?" He reiterated, ignoring the sharp turn her tone had grasped.

"Dekhain," she rose her shaking finger and pointed it towards him, "aap....ap meray kirdaar pey ungli utha rhain hein,"

(You are doubting my character)

Moosa squinted his eyes while looking towards her and then gave her a nod.

"Come here," he demanded and she froze for a second before coming towards him.

As she stood near him, he widened his arms and engulfed her in a hug. His fingers hurriedly moved and pushed her hair aside before placing his face in her neck, giving a sloppy kiss there.

Roshanay tightly held the hem of her shirt, her eyes widening.

"I'm sorry," he apologised, "I didn't mean to say that," he whispered, whilst closing his eyes and inhaling her fragrance, "Farah told me and I became infuriated within seconds," he pulled himself back and looked at her. "And you know I'm very possessive of my women," he held her arms pulling her closer.

For some moments, silence prevailed between them, both of them searching each other eyes. Slowly and sensually, Moosa maneuver her head and bring her closer to him. His lips wanting to feel the softness of hers.

Getting a wind of her intentions, Roshanay abruptly pushed him away and stepped back. Before she could run Moosa held her arm.

"Stop,"

"J..jee?" she asked, taking her time to look at him.

(Y-yes?)

His eyes keenly scrutinized her. Already, her shoulders had gotten squared and the look of anticipation and anxiety had filled her eyes. As if she just wanted to escape and hide somewhere. Just like every other time.

His hand moved and he curled his fingers around her neck, grasping it loosely. He gave her neck a slight jerk so she looked up at him. She was already looking so nervous and panicked.

"Har waqt itna dari hui kiu rehti hou?" He asked, while slowly caressing her thumb against her neck, feeling her skin, that was smooth.

(Why are you always so scared?)

"Nai. Nhi tw," she almost whimpered.

(No. I don't)

"Ahaan," He was now caressing her neck with the back of his fingers. As he done it once, he felt like feeling the smoothness of her skin more and more. There was so much to explore of her, so much that he was sure he would get intoxicated and addicted to her if he had a taste of her, just for once. Yet he had stopped himself as the promise he gave her to on the wedding night. He would consummate the marriage once he'd be done with the mission on hand meanwhile she would get acquainted to his touch.

He was supposed to go on the mission after a week yet due to some reason it had gotten delayed and the given timeframe of a week already had elapsed. But Roshanay still was as alarmed and trepidatious of his touch as on the day one. He could see that. Not even a slight change in her.