✧ Team 7!

Ayumi's POV:
I woke up and realized I was in my room now and couldn't remember what had happened. I remember hugging Sasuke then... I sighed. Whatever he probably brought me here after I fell asleep. I stretched, exited my bed, and grabbed a glass of water. The cool drink soothed my parched throat and I checked the clock to see it was around 8 pm. I wasn't feeling like training for once and decided to take a walk. There was no wind and the night seemed calm. Too calm. As I took a left towards the forest training grounds I heard rustling and I was instantly on my guard.

Clink!

I turned to see the source of that sound and saw Naruto sprawled on the ground breathing heavily. He seemed to be training which was a surprise to me. He seemed like the idiot type but to see him train was surprising. I dropped my guard and released all the tension from my body as I was about to walk away. But before I could, I saw a drop of tear from Naruto as he covered his eyes with his arms. I could see all kinds of shuriken and kunai around him and in the midst of that, he was crying. His crying made me think of bad memories. How I used to be like that. I sighed. No Ayumi I don't need to check if he's okay. Stop, walk away.

Despite saying that I felt my body move closer and closer to him. Not before long I was standing above him and he removed his arm as his eyes widened from seeing me. He sprung up and turned to look at me.

"A-Ayumi!" I looked at him dead in the eyes with a stoic face. I don't understand myself these days. Why am I here? I sighed and sat down in front of him. Putting my legs out front and letting my head fall back as my arms held me up, I asked him

"Why are you crying."

"..." I looked up and glared at him as he flinched a little.

"I-I'm fine Dattebayo!" I gave him a dumbfounded face as I slowly reached for a kunai near me and his face got pale.

"OKAY! OKAY! I'm sorry I'll talk!" he said with pleading eyes. I stared at him as I signed with my eyes to start. He went on for half an hour trying to avoid the reason but I finally got him to spit it out and after that, his dam broke and all his feelings gushed out. I was overwhelmed and almost ran away from this situation many times but I kept myself there. If I was in his shoes, I'd want someone to do this for me. I kept a poker face the whole time and didn't make a single peep but I guess he didn't mind it. Halfway along the way, I felt someone else's presence but it didn't seem to have malicious intent towards me. I checked it off as someone else training and listened to Naurto.

"...and I think I don't know if I deserve to be a hokage after that. I mean, I'm a monster! Iruka sensei got hurt because of me and the monster inside of me killed a lot of people."

"Tch." Naruto looked dumbfounded at me. His whole face screamed, "I talked for so long and you don't show me any empathy?!?!?!"

"Naruto. Are you stupid?"

"You!-"

"Naruto. You said monster inside you. See how you didn't even say your name and just a monster? You even know yourself that the monster inside you doesn't count as you. I've known you for awhile now and I think you're an annoying little rude brat. You're too loud and noisy and never give me peace. Especially when you start boasting about how you're going to be someone like lord 3rd when you're not even strong. You're dense. You're stupid. Want me to continue?"

Naruto looked like I had stabbed him multiple times with a knife as he lay on the floor clenching his fist.

"You're all that but you know what else I also know? I know you're someone who never gives up despite all your cons. Sure anyone could be stronger than you, more likable than you, and smarter than you but they'll never be you. They can't be half as strong-willed as you. Your annoyingness comes from your persistence. Your parents gave birth to you because they loved you. They gave you life. Are you seriously just going to make them sad by calling yourself a monster for something you didn't even do? So shut up with your useless sad talk and go back to your annoyingly cheerful self. You're Naruto Uzumaki from the Hidden Leaf Village. You're dumb if you can't realize that. If you're gonna go on and on about becoming the Hokage, see through it. You better make it worth all the pain I had to go through from hearing your annoying voice first thing in the morning every day yelling 'Ima be a Hokage!' "