✧ Zabuza

3rd POV:

As Kakashi and Zabuza kept fighting, the genins were standing guard over Tazuna as all of them trembled in fear. The capacity of power each had was beyond their expectations. They were barely following along, and some even lost how this fight was going.

"Should...should we help Sensei?" Sakura asked with a shaking voice. She was grabbing her hands together as she held a kunai in between them. Her legs were very close to giving out on her as she tried to stay strong.

"No. stay out of his way," Ayumi replied. She had been watching the fight for some time and she could tell that if they were to get involved, Kakashi would be hindered by protecting them so the best choice was to wait it out. Ayumi sighed as she glanced at the tree a few meters away from them. Now..what should I do about that boy over there? It obviously seems like he's on Zabuza's side I can practically feel his uneasiness. Ayumi thought to herself. She had noticed this boy in hiding for quite some time now.

"KAKASHI SENSEI!!" Naruto yelled. Ayumi snapped her head towards Kakashi as she saw Zabuza had imprisoned him in a water cage. She clicked her tongue as she once again tried grabbing for her sword only to realize that it was gone.

what? Where did my- her thoughts were cut off as she quickly grabbed Sakura's kunai from her and blocked an attack that came her way.

"Ho..as I thought. You sensed my attack even when I concealed myself. Well, there's nothing I can do about being incompetent when I'm using my clone," Zabuza spoke. Ayumi glared in response as she kicked him away from her and Zabuza landed a few feet away from the 4 genins. Ayumi handed the kunai back to Sakura as she got in front of her teammates to protect them. She could tell her hand was trembling from fear as her whole body was telling her to run away. Ayumi who has been a demon on constant guard to protect her life had polished instincts to tell if the situation was something she could handle or not. In this case, every nerve, every inch of her body was screaming to run as far as she could away from this man. But she held her ground. Why did she do that? She didn't know but the only thing she did was that she would not regret this later on.

"Hmm, I can tell you want to run away but to stand your guard...No matter if you know breathing techniques or not you don't even have a sword on you right now. What is making you stay here? Perhaps to protect those incompetent little imbeciles behind you?" Zabuza asked as he took his sword out and took his stance. Ayumi ignored his question as she looked around to see if she could use anything of a weapon. She then realized that Sakura had a fan on her that she decided to take in case the journey got hot.

"Sakura. Hand me your fan," Ayumi said as she turned to face her. Zabuza smirked at the nerve of Ayumi. To turn your back on a powerful opponent. He couldn't tell if she was dumb or she was brave. Either way, it was a horrible decision to make. Sakura blinked a few times before grabbing her fan from her backpack.

"Here, what do you plan to do with that?" Ayumi smirked as she looked at Sakura who was looking dumbfounded. Naruto and Sasuke questionably looked at her too. No one could understand why Ayumi would want a fan when she was about to fight someone capable enough to imprison their teacher like that.

"It's my weapon." Everyone looked at her dumbstruck as they all turned furious. Was this girl for real right now? A paper fan wouldn't be able to cut through anything, let alone become a weapon. But little did they know that Ayumi's main weapon wasn't a sword but a fan. She utilizes the elements of a fan to her advantage. Of course, a paper fan wasn't ideal but it was better than a useless kunai that she could barely make damage with. Ayumi took a deep breath as she turned to Naruto and Sasuke.

"Listen. While I deal with all of the clones, I want you two to take care of the real one and save Kakashi. Frustrating enough, he's the only one who can defeat that man. If we wanna come out of this alive we have to save him. Naruto I know you have a plan for this if you rack your brain enough. If there's one thing I know it's that you're unexpecting and act out of the ordinary. Use that to your advantage." Naruto and Sasuke looked at each other before firmly gathering all their courage to fight. They both turned to Ayumi and nodded. "And Sakura, I want you to be the one protecting Tazuna. We can't just leave this man alone who knows what will happen?"