The Promise

Kinaru: First off, I want to apologize again for the long wait. My reasoning will be told at the end of the chapter's Author's Note. SO please read that, I need some help.

Also, I'm sure a lot of you are either going to hate me or love me for this chapter. I'll warn you now, It's mostly a filler. You'll understand why in the last Author's note.

So enough with my rambling, enjoy, I hope!

Chapter 34

"I've got your back, Sasuke!"

The Uchiha looked at the fiery nine tails, in surprise, as she sliced through the Juubi sneaking up behind Aoda. If it wasn't for the battle raging around them, or his promise to Itachi, he may have been tempted to challenge the kitsune to a fight of their own.

"This doesn't mean I'll let you be Hokage!" He called out to her, as he guided his summoning through the army of Juubi. Allowing his tailed beast teammate to take them out.

"Course not, that would be too easy, this kyuubi wants to see the look on your face when she beats you!" The demon teased, unleashing a small black sphere. Effectively desecrating the beings around her.

Her tails fanned out, as she used them to smash and toss part of the Juubi away from the other shinobi on the field. They appeared to notice the larger threat, more coming for her than not. She was no longer given the time to use tailed beast spheres and instead had to depend on her large claws.

"Neh Yuna?" Sasuke spoke softly. Yet the kyuubi still heard him, bringing her demonic gaze to meet his obsidian.  "Remember the Fox Trap?"

The beast hesitated in her movements, giving him an annoyed, yet curious, glare. "Yes, but shouldn't you be more focused on taking down Juubi, mah?"

The Raven smirked, ever so slightly, making sure he was level with the demon's gaze. "I caught you then too."

-----FLASHBACK-----

"Sasuke, Yuna. I want you two in the back, watching for any trouble that may arise. Naruto, Sakura. You're with me. We want to come off as friendly as possible, or the mission could become compromised." Kakashi explained.

The two tailed kitsune smirked. Smart move, putting the two most unfriendly team members in the back, out of the enemy site. Also a good way to hide their true strength in case things went south. They would be able to take the enemy by surprise if they did attack.

"We'll meet the client at this check point." The jounin went on, pointing  out the place on his map. It was a good distance from where they were now. He brought his gaze to the crimson and raven haired duo, giving them a look he usually saved for when Naruto got on his nerves.

"You're to stay back till the deal is settled. I'll come get you if all goes well."

Yuna and Sasuke exchanged silent glares, before looking away from each other. The kitsune had yet to speak a word to the Uchiha since their first spar match as team seven.

Kakashi smirked behind his mask. "Good. If all goes well, dinner's on me tonight."

His genin showed their excitement in their own ways. Naruto cheering free food, Sakura thanking him in advance, leaving Sasuke and Yuna giving him silent nods. The jounin almost wondered if the Uchiha was still mad at him for giving Naruto the job of escorting Yuna home.

He hadn't really gotten the chance to speak to him alone yet. The darker male was very good at slipping away from the group once the missions were complete. "Alright, we all know our post. Move out." Kakashi declared.