Chapter 10: Erebus

The night that Apollo came over was the same night i realized something important.
I realized i was in love for the first time in my life.
When I woke up in the morning, Apollo was spread out on the couch, covered with a duvet and his hair was messy.
I went to move his hair from his face but the tip of my fingers started to burn once they made contact with his face.
I pulled away quickly. It didn't seem to hurt him but it sure did me.
I needed to face my fear. I put my whole hand on his leg, it burned but not as much.
As i held my hand there, it started to feel different.. My whole body felt different..
Like my chemistry changed..?
I got up and started to make some breakfast, I didn't want him to leave hungry.
As i was cooking, Apollo sat up from the couch and instantly ran to see what i was cooking.
"Those are the best smelling eggs i've ever.. well.. smelled!" He laughed.
I looked over at him but he looked sick, he ran to the trashcan and i could hear him throwing up.
I wasn't surprised nor was i scared. I've been hungover too many times to be.
I just got him some water some Advil and a cold washcloth for him to put on his head.
He ate after he was better, I watched his every move, every time he moved, it made my heart beat faster.
Ba-dum. Ba-dum.
Ba-dum-Ba-dum-Ba-dum.
I could feel my heart in my chest going faster.
I could feel the beat in my finger tips.
Every little touch my heart made on my chest, it went through my body.
I loved this boy, no matter what i tried to tell myself, i knew.