Chapter 19: Apollo

After that day i hugged him for the first time, a fire lit inside of me.. his light lit my fire..
And after that day, every time i saw him i hugged him tight.. every hug meant something to the both of us.
Every single one..
"So, Apollo.." He started.
"Mhm?" i said with a smile tugging at my lips.
"I dunno.. we hang out so much there's nothing to talk about."
"Is that a good thing or a bad thing?" I asked.
"I wouldn't know. It feels good but it doesn't feel bad, just boring sometimes."
"Then find something else to talk about." I said with a smile.
"No shit!" he laughed and shoved me gently.
I laughed and hugged him.
He stopped to look at me and he smiled.. His smile made me shine brighter on the inside...
When he hugged me back, his grip was tight and gentle.
"Twice hug today, is something up?" he joked.
"Actually.. yeah.."
He seemed surprised by this, "then what's up?"
"Well, i've just been thinking-"
The first bell rang.
"Oh shit we gotta get to our classes!" He ran inside and i followed behind him until we had to go to our separate hallways.
I got to my class just in time.. My teacher looked at me with disappointment but didn't say anything, i guess it's because i made it in time.
I sat down and made it through class, my leg bouncing up and down, i couldn't focus on anything except for getting to my second class with Erebus.
The class went extra slow.. Like "a pot won't boil if you watch it!" Type stuff.. I was just eager to get to Erebus again.
I hit my head against my desk loudly. Why am i like this? He's my best friend and wouldn't like me like that!
Everyone looked at me and i sat up, "Sorry.."
A few people giggled and whispered, The teacher rolled her eyes and continued to write stuff on the board.
I got to my second class and sat down.. Erebus wasn't there..
"That odd.." I whispered aloud. He's usually in before me.. The bell rang and he still didn't come in.. Is he okay..?
I raised my hand.
"Apollo." The teacher said.
"May i use the restroom?"
"Whatever.. take a pass.." he said.
I got up and grabbed a pass on my way out the classroom door.
I went to the bathroom and to my surprise i saw Erebus in the mirror, cleaning his face.
"Erebus!" I went to him and hugged him.
"Hey.."
I looked at the mirror, at his reflection and saw his bleeding nose.
"What happened?!" I yelped.
"Fell down stairs."
I let out a snort and covered my mouth.
"Not funny!" he said with a slight smile.
"You should really get to class and join us.." I said.
"I will, i will.."
"But, seriously. Are you okay?" I went to touch it and suddenly it healed.
"What the hell did you just do!?" He yelped and looked at the healed scar in the mirror.
"I have no clue!!"
This was when we knew something big was about to happen.
And we were right.