Chapter 11: Erebus

This school year has been going quite smooth.
I sit in my art class doodling in my sketchbook.
I found myself drawing a face, hair, eyes.
I look at the drawing and i realize who it was. It was Apollo.
How does that even happen?
I stared at the drawing for a few minutes. I got every tiny detail in.. the dimples, the eyes, his eyelashes..
Those lips..
I wrote my name on it and folded it up, putting it in the back of my sketchbook and walking out of class with everyone else after the bell rang.
As i was headed to my last class, i saw a glimpse of light speed past me. I look back and see Apollo running. What's wrong with him?
I dropped my bag and went running after him, my sketchbook in hand and a paper falling out of it, i ran into the bathroom behind him and he was crying in the mirror.
"Apollo?" I asked as i placed my sketchbook on the counter.
Someone walked in and i turned around.
"Get the fuck out." I said coldly, the boy quickly ran out and i turned back to Apollo.
"What's wrong..?" I asked.
"Nothing, i'm fine." he stifled.
"No you're not fucking fine you're crying what hap-" He faced me and his eye was black, his nose was bleeding.
"Who the hell did that to you?" I was filled with rage. How could someone hurt something so sweet and precious?
"It's not important.." he looked back in the mirror.
He still looked beautiful even when he was beat up.
"Apollo i swear to god if you don't tell me who-"
"Alex! Alex jumped me with his friends and beat the s- the crap out of me and.. and.." He started crying again.
I knew it was best not to say anything else. Seeing him cry hurt me more than any punch i'd ever taken.
I hugged him tightly, it didn't burn but i remember how the other night when i touched his leg it didn't burn either.
"Apollo I.." I paused. It felt like it'd be better if i said nothing right now.. This moment as he hugged me back, crying, would be best as a silent moment. It'd make him feel better if it was just silence..
When he stopped crying i started to laugh.
"What's so funny?" He wiped his tears.
"I have to go get my bag that i dropped in the hallway."
"Oh, okay.." His spark wasn't all the way there but i patted his head and walked out, my bag was right outside of the bathroom door.
I looked around to see if there was anybody around but no.
I shrugged it off and noticed the paper on my bag,
Oh shit did someone see the picture of Apollo i drew?
I shoved it in my bag and carried my book bag to my last class.
When i see Alex, it's not going to be a good day for him.