Chapter 17: Brandon

We conducted a small investigation between the two of us. One was light and one was dark.. they could be related, lovers, or just best friends. Maybe even close rivals? But the guy named Apollo doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have rivals.. So what is it?
I look at Cassandra and she was obviously using her power.
Cassandra's power is small but useful, zoom. Her eyes can see things from far away, even a few miles.
I knew she was examining them.
"See anything interesting?" I asked.
I was holding a clipboard with a handwritten check list for things to figure out what they are.
"Very touchy, smiles a lot.. don't you see the way they look at each other?" She stops her eyes and looks at me.
I look over at them then at my clipboard, checking off "touchy" "smiles a lot" and "lovestruck eyes"
"Anything else?"
"Not currently.. let's watch them when they leave."
I nod and we sit through the rest of class. Why was she so interested in them?
Once we left school, we followed them from far away and Cassandra zoomed in her eyes.
"Pretty clingy.."
I checked off "clingy" and kept walking.
"Erebus wrapped his arm around Apollo! I repeat, Erebus wrapped his arm around Apollo!"
I checked off "lovers touch" and we kept walking.
"You think that..?" I stared at the word "lovers" with a checkbox at the bottom.
"Definitively."
I checked off "lovers" and we stopped and turned around.
"Our work here is done!" She said as she stopped her zoom.
I smiled and pat her head.
"Good job, Cassandra."
"Thank you!" she was enthusiastic.
We walked off, feeling complete and accomplished.
Lovers..