Chapter 26: Erebus

After school i dropped Apollo off at his house and said bye. Prom started at 6:00 so i had to get ready within at least an hour.
I took a shower and dried my hair, slicking it back with gel and a comb, putting my suit on and fixing my tie, looking at myself in the mirror with a sigh.
I picked up the small bouquet i got for Apollo and i look at my watch, it's about 5:40.
I get in my car for the first time in a while, cranking it and looking down at my wheel.
I'm stressed..
I got to the school and got out, holding the bouquet as i entered the gym.
I sat down in the front row of the bleachers, my hands shaky.
I waited about 45 minutes, drinking some punch as i waited for Apollo.
I saw him walk in and my cup dropped from my hands as i got up quickly.
He was wearing a white suit with white pants and a pink tie, his hair wavier than usually and his hands wrapped around a bouquet.
I slowly walked up to him and stared at him, my eyes wide.
He smiled, "Hey!"
I said nothing and i kissed him, my hand resting on his hips.

And oh lord did he look good. My heart was racing as i looked in his eyes.

His hair, his outfit, his eyes... His face... the way he looked at me had my heart in a spiral, the butterflies in my stomach swarming around and everything about Apollo tugged at my heart strings. I hope my strings never get rusty so he can continue to play them.
The melody in my heart when i thought about him and looked at him and every time i fucking saw him! 
He is as clear as a melody and as sincere as a musical note.

"Erebus?" He said gently.
"Mhm..?" I mumbled shyly.
"You alright?" He asked with a small smile tugging at his lips , a slight sense of humor in his voice.
"I just.. You.. I mean..." I could feel my face getting hot and i hid my face in my hands.
He laughed and hugged me.
"You look absolutely wonderful!!" I spat out.
He smiled and kissed me. I don't know if this was the first time he's kissed me first but lord was i exited.
He tasted like strawberry and mint, his lips soft and gentle against mine.
He pulled away and smiled, "C'mon lovestruck boy.." he joked.

But it wasn't a joke to me. I really am lovestruck aren't I?

We went over to the drink table and he got a water and i got a fruit punch. It was probably spiked, I mean, it was every year. 
The past years I've been here, I've only come to prom for the spiked punch.

"Why water?" I asked after taking a sip of the bitter sweet punch.
He raised his eye brows and signaled toward his white suit.
"True.." I said.
He smiled and placed our cups down, dragging me to the middle of the room where everyone was dancing and having fun.

It felt weird, I had always been the kid in a party in the corner sitting down or standing, tapping my feet and waiting for it to be over... But now i had someone to dance with.. Someone to hold my hands and guide me..

Someone to love me enough to hang out with me and dance with me and cuddle with me and..
Oh yeah have sex with me, too.

We danced to the music, he was really good and laughed at me as i tumbled over my own feet.

We smiled and danced and played.. Until the slow music came on and my face went pink as i slowly looked over at him.

I laughed quietly, he had the same reaction as me.

I placed my hands on his hips and he wrapped his arms around my neck. His touch was gentle and sweet, I pulled him in closer, taking in his scent as we danced slowly.

"Erebus?" He whispered gently, tickling my ear.
His voice sent butterflies into my whole body, my heart racing.
"Yeah love?" My eyes went wide as i held my breath, I've never called him any nicknames like that before.
"I love you..." He whispered again, his arms wrapping tighter around me.
I smiled and leaned closer to him, kissing him, my hands resting on his hips, he leaned into the kiss and pulled away with a shy smile.

The music stopped and i slowly let go.

"Time to vote for the prom queen and king, folks!" Our principal said with a broad smile, showing her smile wrinkles and her eyes almost not visible from her rosy cheeks covering them.

I smiled at Apollo and we went to the table. For queen i voted for Olivia, one of the cheerleaders. There was no point in not voting for her, she would win anyways. 

For king, of course, i voted for Apollo. Not because he was my boyfriend or anything (who am i lying to?) but also because he deserved a crown on his head.. Even if it was just plastic.

After a few minutes, our principal said on the loud speaker. "And the votes are in! Drum roll for the queen... Olivia!" she said with an upper acknowledgement to "Olivia" and she read another paper, muttering, "Who is that..?" as Olivia walked up on the stage, confident smile and her body language speaking to all of the guys.

She cleared her throat and said awkwardly but broadly, "And the King is.... Drum roll please... Apollo..?" 

My eyes went wide as i looked at him, his face paler than usual as he walked past me, his fists clenched, and his walk slow.

I'm just curious who else voted for him..

He got up to the stage and she placed a crown on Olivia's head and everyone cheered for her loudly.
As she placed it on Apollos head, his eyes were filled with fear.. He does have bad stage fright.
Nobody but about 50 people, including me, cheered for him. Once everyone realized other people were cheering, they joined in awkwardly, their voices weren't confident or proud for him at all.
I noticed the two people, Cassandra and what's-his-face, looking at me with worry in their eyes.
What is up with those two? Oh.. Oh no.. I looked up at the stage. Next part was the-
The principal called out loudly, "Time for the KISSS!!" She screamed broadly and stepped down from the stage.
Apollo backed up and whispered, quite loudly, "No thank you.."
Everyone booed him, some guy saying, "Who doesn't want to kiss one of the hottest girls in school?" Another saying, "I think he's gay.." Someone else saying "what a weirdo.."

This made my blood boil and suddenly, i saw Apollo running from the stage, crying.

He dropped his crown and i dropped the flowers in my hand, dashing for him, picking up his crown on the way, and running after him.

Oh god...