Chapter 20: Erebus

After he healed my eye on accident, i started to wonder what my true ability was.
He could heal and possibly do other things but i was just a heap of a shadow in a corner at every party i didn't get invited to.
As we were walking in the hallway, i looked at Apollo.. It felt hot in the whole hallway and my tank top started to feel damp.
"Is it hot in here to you?" He asked.
"Kind of.." I looked at my feet and took my jacket off.
"Do you have a fever?" he asked with a slight sense of humor in his voice.
I chuckled, "probably."
Every day i waited for second period just to see his face..
But one thing was about to happen. The biggest time of the year and that way prom.
I want to ask him out, i really do.. But what if i mess up and i lose him..? I don't want to risk that..
As we left school that day we stopped at the prom sign.
"I probably won't go.." Apollo said.
"What? Why not?"
"Because i don't think anyone will ask me out.."
"About that-" I started but the second bell for the end of the day rang.
"We should head home." I said, shaking off my promposal.
We started to walk and i started to think of ways to ask him out.
"You like tulips right?" I asked.
"Oh yes i love them!" His smile shined and his eyes lit up.
"I like daisies and sunflowers.."
He looked at me, a bit shocked.
"Really?"
"Yes!" I said with a slight smile.
"That's kind of surprising actually.."
My smile faded, "Because of the way i look?"
"No no i-" He looked at the house.
"I gotta go.. Bye." He said.
I waved bye and walked home.
I could get tulips and make a heart shaped bouquet..Wouldn't that be cliche though?
I mean he seems like someone who loves cliche things.

"What's your dream promposal, Erebus?"
"I want someone to ask me in front of everyone and tell me that they want me to join them!" i said with a bright smile.
"I hope you get that when you get to high school.." She said with a smile.
But she died.. My sister was gone..
I remember that conversation every time i hear anything about prom or every time i go into the high school..

I missed her..

I also missed him every time he had to go home..
The tension i feel when i'm with him.. I want that spark to light a fire between the two of us.
A never ending flame of love.
I love him.