Chapter 23: Apollo.

Just two days before prom and i'm still consulting on what to wear..
Me and my Mama drove to a tailoring store with different options for suits and my hands were shaky.
I noticed a white suit with a pink tie and i walked up to it slowly.
"Hey mama..?" I turned around but she was holding up a black suit with a blue tie.
"Don't you like this one though baby?" She asked.
"That one is wonderful but this one is.... I love this one.." I said as i ran my fingers against the soft smooth and silky texture.
"Are you sure? The pink tie and everything.. people might make fun of you.."
"Mama i don't care i do like this one.." I looked at her, "People make fun of me regardless but i love this one.."
"Fine, fine.." She said as she hung the other suit back up and picked up one in a small.
"Try it on first then we will see if we need to get it adjusted."
I smiled and hugged her, "Thank you Mama!"
I ran to the dressing room and tried it on, coming out with a smile.
"The only thing is i want it tighter at the wrists and shorter at the bottom of the legs."
"Okay." She paid for the suit and within an hour it was done and we left, my heart pounding and my mind nervous with excitement.
"Can we stop at the shop? I want to get him some flowers.." I said , holding the suit in the plastic baggie.
She looked at me, "Him?" She asked, her voice was judgy.
"Mhm.."
"What's his name sweetie?" She stopped at a red light and looked at me.
"Erebus.." I tried not to look at her, i looked at my hands and i fiddled with my fingers.
"Ah that's right.. The one who looks like you but darker and taller right?"
I nodded and looked up,  watching the light turn green and the car started moving again.
"He told me when he came into my shop that he wanted to get a boy named Apollo some flowers.."
"I knew i recognized the bouquet.." I mumbled
"Did he know i was your mom?" She asked.
"No.. No he didn't.. I never thought to mention it.."
She nodded and tapped her finger on the wheel as we turned into the parking lot of her shop. On days she was off, she had a co-manager working in her place.
"Mama.?" I asked quietly as i unbuckled my seatbelt.
"Yes?" She looked at me.
"Are you okay with me dating and going to prom with a boy?"
She sighed and hugged me. "I love you for whoever you are, okay? I'm just a little new to this."
I smiled and hugged back before going inside and choosing a daisy bouquet since last time i got sunflowers.
I looked over and saw him in the aisle, talking to the co-manager and i scrambled to run and hide but i miserably fell on my face.
I just laid there in shame.
"Apollo?" I heard a snicker.
"Shut up.." i said.
He laughed and helped me up.
"What are you doing here?" He asked.
"Well i planned to get you some flowers but then i see you and 'oh shit i should hide' but then i fall flat on me face and here we are."
"Wow. You could have just lied."
"Why would i lie?" i asked.
"Because you were getting me flowers and now i know about it."
I shush him and kiss his cheek, "I'm still getting you flowers."
He smiled and pet my head, walking away.
"He seems like a nice boy but.. Don't you think he'll be a bad influence?" My Mama asked.
"Why do you say that?" I said as i picked up a multicolor daisy bouquet.
"Because he's different than you.."
I glared at her and walked away. It pissed me off with her talking about Erebus like that.
I bought the bouquet for 15 dollars and i left them in the car, going back inside and going to Erebus.
"Hey Apollo." He said to me.
"Hi.." i said with a slight smile.
"What are you doing?" He turned to face me.
"Just saying bye.. I'm headed home now.." I said.
He nodded and placed his arm around me, pulling me into a side hug with me wrapping both of my arms around him.
"Love ya." He said plainly.
Something was wrong, i could tell, but i would ask him later.
"Love you.." I said before kissing his cheek and leaving.
The thought of him being sad was in my head all through the ride home, my earphones in my ears.
I wonder what was wrong..