Chapter 18: Erebus

As me and Apollo went through the day, we noticed two people keeping their eyes on us. The same two people from a couple of days ago.
Even when we were walking home they were far behind us.. what do they want?
"Hey you noticed those people following us all day right?" i asked.
"No.. what do you mean?"
I placed my hands in my pocket, "I mean that they've been on our asses all day.. don't turn around because they might notice but they've been at it all day."
"Oh.. do you think they're up to something bad?" he asked
"I'm not sure.. they seem fine but i wonder what they want.. i saw them looking at us a couple days ago."
"Scary." he joked
I wrapped my arm around him, "Stay close.." I whispered.
He smiled until he stopped in his tracks.
"What is it?" i asked.
"You touched me.." he said.
"Ah, sorry. Did i make you uncomfortable?"
"No but don't you remember the day we first met?"
I sure did remember..
"Ow what the hell is wrong with you?!"
"I'm sorry i'm sorry i don't know what happened i swear i didn't mean to!!"
His worried face.. that image strangled at my brain.
"Yeah.."
"Then why did that not happen?" He asked.
"Let's go to my house.. i'll tell you what i know.."
He seemed suspicious of me but when we go to my house i sat on the stairs with him.
"Apollo.. One night when you were over.. The night that you had a nightmare.. Remember?"
"Yeah i do.. " His eyes were on me, focused.
"Well, i touched your leg to see what would happen.. it burned at first but went away.. it didn't seem to hurt you so that was good but i kept my hand there.. Then my whole body felt different like my blood had changed.."
I looked him in the eyes.
"Like my chemistry had changed.."
He looked at me with shock, "Is that even possible?" he asked.
"Well apparently.." i said as i touched his leg, it felt like touching warm skin, nothing that could hurt me.
"So it doesn't burn..?" he asked.
"No.. No it doesn't." i took my hand off of his leg and looked at him.
"Then it would hurt if.." he leaned closer to me. What the hell is he doing?
He wrapped his arms around me in an embrace, i hesitated but hugged back.
"I've wanted to hug you for so long but i was so scared to hurt you.."
I smiled and held onto him for a moment longer before he pulled away. I wanted that hug to last longer and i wanted him to kiss me, that's what i thought he was doing at first..
"I'm so sorry i didn't tell you sooner.. i guess i thought it wasn't important.." I said with compassion.
"It's okay.." He looked away from me, "I know what it's like to want to hide things.. Because you're scared.."
I smiled and patted his head.
"Apollo, you're amazing."
"Thank you!" His smile lit up my heart, setting it on fire.
I knew i wanted to kiss him, i knew i wanted to touch him..
But i'm scared of feelings..
I'm scared of love..
No.. I'm scared of falling in love with him..
I feel like i would mess it up..
Then i'd lose the most important boy in the world to me..
That's why i didn't tell him.. Thats why i was scared.. And i still am..
I love you Apollo..