VIDAI

All court members of Mithila had gathered at the main gate of the palace. Every eye had tears. The four princesses were finally going to leave their house, their people and kingdom forever.

Just out side of the gate, four gorgeous carts were standing with many other carts. All of those were made up of silvers and golds while decorated with all kinds of flowers. Infront of those carts, all the people from Ayodhya were standing. Maharaj Dashrath was standing at the front and behind him, his four sons were standing in alluring attires and crowns.

The brides were crying like babies while hugging their parents. All the women of the palace were also sobbing. It was really unacceptable for them that the pride of Mithila.... the life of Mithila... the lure of Mithila.... were leaving with their husbands today.

The Vidhikaris stood with four plates of poped rice grains and gold coins. The princesses took those in their palms and threw them behind, above their heads while walking out of their house... while the mothers and other women were standing behind them were collecting those rice grains by spreading their angavastram foreward. All the men joined their palms and downed their heads infront of the princesses while they were walking out of the entrance of their palace.

Maharaj Dashrath, who was standing at the entrance with his sons said- "Look at those women, sons... They are leaving their everything behind and walking towards you.... to be the partners of yours in this unbelievable life journey. While walking out they are throwing wealth at their family and house, which they are leaving behind and going to somebody else's house as the Goddess of wealth itself. Who can be greater than a women. They will stand beside you all like immovable mountains and share your every happiness and every sorrow. In return they want nothing. Because from now on their husbands will become everything to them.
Never even think about hurting them my sons. Always priorities their happiness. Always love and respect them. Because where Women are worshipped, God resides there. "

Ram said on behalf of all the Princes- " We promise Pitashree. We will follow your advice forever.... We will always love and respect the princesses of Mithila. "

The brides reached near their grooms. After the final hug, they went up on the respective carts with their husbands. At last Maharaj Dashrath and Maharaj Janak hugged eachother tightly.

"Maharaj, your contribution for Mithila is unforgettable. I'm grateful to Mahadev for giving me such chance to serve such brave Raghuvanshi like you. Please forgive me if I have committed any mistake knowingly or unknowingly." - Janak said in windshield voice and joined palms near chest. The Rajrishi's level of calmness has crossed by this immense pain of his daughters leaving. Nobody had seen him crying like this.

Dashrath held Janak's joined palms tightly and uttered- "Don't embarrass me by bowing your head in front of me like this, Maharaj Janak. I will always be indebted to you. You will always be way greater than me. "

Now Sunaina came forward in same manner as her husband. And with a diminished voice she said- " None of my four daughters have ever stayed away from me. No matter how bold and matured they appear to the world, but they are still kids... My kids."
Many tear drops fell from the queen's eyes when she said 'my kids'.
Sunaina added- "Please love them, and forgive them, if they commit any mistake in future. This is my only request."

Dashrath answered politely with eyes fixed on the ground. - " Maharani, your daughters are not just the pride of Mithila now, but pride of Ayodhya as well. I promise you as a Raghuvanshi... The world may see them as the Rajvadhu (daughter in law of royals) but for me and my queens, they will be our daughters. We will never let them feel the absence of their parents. "

After the exchanging couple more words of compassion and promises, finally the people of Ayodhya returned with the brides.

The king's cart was running at the forefront. And by following him, the four Prince's cart were running. On both of their sides, there were many soldiers on their horses. While others officials of Ayodhya were following the royal family.

The carts passed down though the streets of Mithila. The people of Mithila were standing outside of their houses with teary eyes and joined palms. All were bidding goodbye to their beloved princesses.

The princess'es eyes were also tracing the views and capturing them in their love filled heart.

All the people of Ayodhya, including the brides and grooms, joined their palms infront of their chest as well to express their gratitude to the Mithilaians. The joyful anticipations, a touch of nostalgia, and the bittersweet embrace of new beginnings were flowing from the princesses eyes. Their palace... where they were leaving. Their gurukul... Where they had been studying and learning various skills. Their streets and markets... Where they were playing and roaming around with friends. Their garden and Gouri mata temple... Where they had spent many important moments and which was the most special place for them. Their forests.... Where they were going to collect herbs and meet other enlightened sages. Their rivers... Their mountains... Their streams... Their clay Utensils... Their dolls... Their sand houses... Their childhood.........
All were leaving behind as the carts were moving forward with super pace.

Lakshman entangled his hands with Urmila. She looked down and her tear drops fell upon his hands.

"Mila... I can understand what are you feeling. Honestly, I don't know how to fill this void. Only for being with me, only to support me throughout the life, you are leaving everything. It gives goosebumps, If I would even try to imagine myself in this state. I know, just few words of mine can't end this emptiness but still... I'll try my best to make you smile everytime and love you more than my life." - Lakshman wipped her tears while his soft words made Urmila tighten her grip around his hands.

With a petty smile she responded- " Having you is equal to having the entire world for me. This is just the fate, that I had to leave Mithila. But in return I'm already getting somthing bigger. I'll be known to World as Lakshman's wife. I'll be the other half of you. What can be a bigger happiness to me than this. My duty.... My responsibility.... And my purpose is you, Saumitra. Infront of this, I don't want anything else."

The corners of Lakshman's lips went up in a satisfactory smile and she also did the same while losing herself again in the mesmerizing golden brown eyes of her husband.