Chapter Thirty

I forgot that school was farther away from the shop than the house was, I'd have to pass my house and keep going to get to the shop. It's about a 5 and a half or so mile walk, so shouldn't take too long but the thought of it isn't a fun one.

I get to the autobody shop out of breath, nauseas, and a little bit dizzy 40 minutes later. I was worried I was going to get here late since he never gave me a time, so decided to just run and jog the whole thing, I guess I can add that to my daily work out. However, I think if I'm going to do this regularly, I'm going to need an actual meal plan because there is no way I ate enough to keep up with all the calories I just burnt.

"You're here." Joshua checks the clock in the lobby and looks back at me, still panting and hunched over.

I'm sure on a normal day I'd be embarrassed about the way I'm acting right now, but Jesus Christ. My chest is tight, and my legs feel like Jell-o, somehow my arms are exhausted and are hardly holding me up against my knees. I put my arm on the door frame, lay my head on it and dry heave.

"God what did you do, run here?" He backs away with disgust even though he was nowhere near me.

I take a deep inhale before looking up at his icy blue eyes, causing me to be just as stunned as I was the first time. On a breathy exhale I answer, "Yeah." I cough again. After a few more deep breaths I stand up "I didn't know what time you wanted me here."

He shrugs "I didn't have a specific time; I wasn't sure you would show up."

He has a dark green baseball cap on backwards, his shaggy hair was sticking out around it and made my heart skip. This time, he's wearing a gray button up work shirt with the sleeves rolled up to right below his elbows. His arms are muscular, I don't doubt he works out. Everything about him is just... so hot.

Pulling myself out of my thoughts, I remember he mentioned not thinking id show up. "Well, I did. So, where should I start?"

He raises an eyebrow at my shirt "first, I suggest changing. Wouldn't want to ruin your Hollister shirt." He chuckles and heads towards what I'm assuming is an office of sorts.

I scrunch my face and look down at my clothes, what the hell is a Hollister shirt? I follow him anyway because, I have grown to like this shirt quite a bit so yes, it would be a shame to ruin it.

When we get into the office, he throws a shirt at me before I know it's coming. So, like an idiot it lands on my head. I rip it off and hold it in my arms. He laughs to himself then turns around to pull three more out of the box then places them on the desk.

"When were done here, I'll give you a few more so you can alternate them. Unfortunately, it's just the gray but you are welcome to buy other colors just make sure they are Dickies. They hold up the best with the cars, grease and tools and stuff." When he turns around, I'm still standing there holding the shirt. "You gonna change?"

I glance around the room then look back at him. "In here? Now?"

He makes an amused face then smiles "What, you got boobs under there?" He glances down at my chest then back up. The gesture causes tingles to spread through my body, and I feel heat creeping up to my face. I know he was making a joke, but I can't help but let my imagination tell me he was checking me out. He wasn't, but I can pretend.

I'm still uncomfortable about taking my shirt off because of how small I look, not to mention, taking it off in front of him makes my stomach flutter. Maybe if I throw in some small talk while I change, he won't keep staring at me.