Chapter Forty-Seven

I don't want to say it too loudly, because saying it out loud seems to change things. But life has been pretty okay this past month. Josh and I have been hanging out more, away from work, we have had some heavy make out sessions, but he never takes it any further. I wonder why. I guess we still aren't officially together, but I'm starting to wonder if maybe he's seeing someone else, and that's why he hasn't taken it anywhere else with me. Honestly, I don't mind, I love being around him, my family is starting to really enjoy having him around as well. I like the nights when he has a beer or a drink during a movie, his kisses taste like booze, and it keeps me craving him. He's literally becoming my new addiction. Therapy is going well, Dr. Jewell is proud of where I'm headed, though she wasn't thrilled to hear about the way I "forgave" my dad. She's also worried about Ian, I'm not sure why, he knew what we were. She says that I should have a heart to heart with him about my choices or whatever, but we laid down pretty specific rules, I mean sure I should probably let him know why I've been gone. But I don't think it warrants a huge conversation.

Katie and I are still rocky, I'm wondering if the relationship is savable. Between how betrayed I feel, what I'm doing to her brother, and just being busy with Josh and work I'm not really sure I have to time to work on the relationship. She's been trying to talk to me, but I haven't had the energy. I told her I'd meet her today for lunch where we can talk. My dad decided to leave, I don't know where he went, and I don't care. He mumbled some shit about living in a house with a 'faggot' and walked out with a backpack full of clothes, I give him a month until he's back again. Mom hasn't been back, another person that I don't care to see. But she isn't usually gone this long.

Josh forced me to get my license, so now I can drive legally. Which in turn, has mostly just made me Will and Tysons bitch.

"What you thinkin' about?" Josh asks from under the car he's working on. His shirt has rolled up enough to see from the waist band of the jeans he had on up to his bellybutton.

"Fuck Josh. At least try and keep yourself innocent around here." I force myself to glance away and take a big drink out of my water bottle.

"What, this?" When I turn to look back over at him, he pulls his shirt up even more, and flexes. "This doin it for you over there?" With an annoyingly sexy laugh, he pulls his shirt back down and slides out from under the car. I swear, I'm drooling. I just want to lick him everywhere.

I cross my arms and lick my lips trying to keep my smile at bay. "Yeah. Actually, it is. You better watch yourself."

That dumb smirk of his appears as he walks towards me, and he wraps his hand around the back of my neck before he pulls me so my ear is right next to his mouth. "Or what?" He breathes. He pulls back and glances down at my lips, before licking his own. "You're going to take me into the office, and show me exactly what I'm doing to you?"

...WHAT? What is happening?! I can't help the immediate response that happens in my pants towards the words he's saying. He's kidding, right? Does he expect me to respond? What do I say, I don't know any sexy words.

His fingers wrap tightly around my wrist, he pushes my hand up under his shirt, onto his stomach where he's slightly sweaty from working, but also very, very fit. I almost melt, his stomach, and his back are two things that are quite attractive to me. Clearly, he knows it.

"What am I doing to you, Jace?" With my hand still on his stomach he leans in and flicks his tongue over my lips, then kisses me once before pulling my bottom lip between his teeth. His hand has moved to the front of my neck, which is something I haven't experienced before but fuck. The self-control I have to not strip him down right now is astonishing. He kisses me softly again before running his thumb down the lip he recently bit and pulls away walking back towards the car.