Chapter Thirty-Three

I wake up in Katies bed, when I look over, she is still sleeping with her back towards me. Last night after that heated kiss with Ian, I stayed up to switch her clothes over to the laundry and contemplate my life. I have never felt like that, it took everything in me not to walk right into his room and finish what we started. I'm honestly regretting my decision not to.

I blink and the ceiling a few times then trace my lips with my finger, remembering how everything felt last night. Now that the moment is over, I'm wondering if I should be embarrassed about taking control of that whole moment. I pinned him against a wall, how did I think to do that? I feel my cock twitch at the memory. It felt good, to be in control of something... to be demanding and have him move with the way I requested...

Fuck. I'm going to need to go home soon to take care of this, I'll go insane if I don't. But I also have more important things to do today, like be here for Katie. I wish I could tell her about everything, if it hadn't had happened with her brother I would.

When she takes a deep breath and snorts I smile, knowing that she's still out cold. When I slide out of her bed, I grab my hoodie off the floor and put it back on before deciding to make her some breakfast. My hand hesitates at the doorknob. What if Ian is down there. Or worse what if he's in the hallway? I didn't know how to act last night, there's no way I'm going to know what to do or say if I run into him. Like an idiot, I lay my ear against the door to see if I can hear any signs of life. It sounds empty, like the house is still sleeping. I swear the clock said 9am. If this was my house the chaos would have started an hour or two ago, you would have to wake up at 4 in the morning to get silence like this. Sometimes even then if someone hears you up its fair game.

The door squeaks when I pull it open causing me to stop and scrunch my face. I look back at Katie, who doesn't seem bothered by it at all. The stairs squeak and croak with each step I take. This house has got to be the loudest house I've ever been in. The kitchen is much larger than ours, it has a rounded island with 4 barstools, and counters that presses up against 3 of the walls, a huge window behind the sink leading towards the front yard.

It looks more like a kitchen then ours does too. A spice rack, bread, fruit, and an organized coffee area are on the counters, along with some cooking appliances I don't recognize. The fridge is full of fresh foods, from meats, fruits and veggies to things like fancy sparkling water, and a crap ton of condiments. This must be what it's like to have a responsible adult figure in the house when you're growing up. I wonder if Ian or Katie cook, or if it's all their aunt.

After deciding the contents of the fridge overwhelm me, I look around instead. The spice rack contains things I haven't heard of before. I twist open a few of the jars and bring them to my nose I make a mental note on the ones I like; it wouldn't hurt to get more creative on cooking when it comes to my nights. I wouldn't make anyone else in our house even think of anything other than salt and pepper right now.

"It's not cocaine hidden in those spices that you're sniffing, is it?" I jump and drop the jar of dill seed I had onto the counter.

"Damn it, Katie." I chuckle and turn back towards the seeds that are now everywhere.

"It's okay, no one uses that one anyway. You want some breakfast?"

I put the jar back onto the rack and scoop the seeds into my hand before throwing them away. "Am I a shitty person if I make you cook? How are you feeling?"

"No, I enjoy cooking." She pulls the fridge open and grabs a few different things from inside of it. "Better, I think. Thank you for staying with me, I don't think I would have been able to sleep if it weren't for you. I have no idea what happened, I was okay and then I just... wasn't? I still feel foggy but I'm willing to live now that I've had some sleep. I don't know. "