Chapter 42

ZANOKUHLE
Chapter 42

Another fleet of gun shots follow and there is sudden silence there after. Nkosana pulls a gun from behind him that I didn't even know that he has a gun and that he had it on him.
“Stay down Zano”,he whispers to me.
“My stomach is sore”,I say taking some little breathes and I rub my stomach.
We hear someone laughing and we raise our heads and the security has their guns pointed at this man who looks dangerous to even start with and a few people with him. I breathe in and out and keep on rubbing my stomach and it seems to calm the kicking baby and I watch this man.
Nkosana and his friends have their guns pointed at this man.
This man walks over laughing and he goes and takes some meat off someone's plate and he turns around.
“Nice setting Magugu but my money is not paid”
“Skuqa you are ruining my daughter's day!”,My aunt says and he walks up to my aunt and back slaps her and she falls and he pulls a knife out. 
“Aunty!”, I get up and rush off and Nkosana follows me.
“Mah!”,Nomfundo stays in one place.
“Leave my aunt alone!",I say and Nkosana picks me up and puts me behind him and he holds me.
“Get the fuck out of here before things get messy for you”,He says. 
My heart is beating fast as I look at my aunt crying hysterically.
“You do a whole celebration and not invite me Gugu. While you owe me R10 000. You are shitting on me”,My aunt keeps on crying dramatically.
I feel bad for her. I always knew she me never had money.
“And wena mfana ungamgijwayeli amasimba mhlathi wenja”
“Unyoko loyo”,Nkosana says and I gasp a little.
“Nkosana!”,His father warns him and this man’s facial expression changes to a raging one.
He stands my aunt on her thigh and she screams and Nkosana shoots this man twice and he falls. I hold onto him and the security quickly neutralize the other men quickly and everyone else was ducking, covering their heads. 
Nkosana starts moving and I let him go and rush to Nomvula and she hugs me. 
Bhungane gets to the man and tells one of the security men to take this man away and they do. He goes.out following with his friends and Tumelo rushes to my aunt so as Mrs Vilakazi. 
My heart keeps on beating fast. I feel something wet between my legs.
“Mvula, I think I need on myself”,I say and she looks down on me. 
“Breathe in and out Zano”,She says and I nod my head. 
“Come, let's go inside the house”,she says and I nod my head.

BHUNGANE

I really dislike people who try and ruin things especially for Zano. It just infuriates me. I get inside the car and the rest follow. 
“Calm down Nkosana”,Thulani says.
“He won't calm down. He is angry”,Jabulani says.
I start the car.
“But he left his fiancee and alot of people. This can be sorted well. Just take the man to the hospital and R10K is small change and you know it. 
Jabu looks at me and I look at them.
“Are you guys staying or going?”,I ask.
“I am going”,Lange mentions and I drive off when they are all inside. 
The security cars follow behind us and we drive around looking for a hospital. We see one and get there and I see confusion in their eyes and then we get out of the car and then I go to the security detail and I open the back door where this man is. 
He is still alive, breathing.
“Get him inside the hospital”,I say and they look at me.
“Now”,I say. 
“What will you do?”,Jabulani asks. 
“I will teach him a lesson. Not now though”,I say and he nods his head. 
They get him out and get him inside the hospital. I call a nurse and negotiate my way in her looking after him. I will come back for him later on, I just need to go back to Zanokuhle.
When they have admitted him we leave. They need to clean his blood off my car.
I am not done with him as yet. I want him to taste a bit of death and make him feel the death world.
I close my eyes as soon as I am inside the car.
“Damn that was a day.I wonder how Bruce Lee is doing”,Lange says and we laugh.
“That woman cried. I am sure she will shout soon”,Jabulani says and he starts the car and drives off. 

ZANOKUHLE

“I hope my son in laws are killing him and leaving him to die. Nx, bengizomgwaza yazi. Ukuthi ungizumile(I was going to stab him you know, it's just that he caught me off guard)”,My aunt says before she winced in pain as Nomfundo wraps her up.
Her stab wound is not that bad.She looks at me. 
“Mah you shouldn't have fought Sguqa”,Nomfundo says.
“Why did he ruin the day?You know how much efforts Nomvula and I put in this day for his ashy friends to ruin it”
“Aunty, we will give you money to pay him back”,Happy says and I nod my head.
“Yes aunty, I will work hard and we will pay him off”,I say.
“He doesn't deserve a cent. I will.get him arrested nx.”,She says.
“Calm down ma, it is all over now”,Nomvelo says. 
“Does he always harrass you?”,Nomvula asks.
“At work yes alot. Here he doesn't find me home most of the time”,she says and Nomfundo gets done.
“Get me my present from my son in law. I want to open it.”,She says and Khanyisile gets it. 
She takes the box and she opens it and it's an electric blanket and a gift card at Game R20 000”
“Weh Nkosi. Bazongibona omakhelwane ne extension emnyamgo( The neighbours will see me pulling am extension cord outside”,She says and we laugh.
She looks at me and pulls me closer to her. 
“I want you to get half of the lobola money and contribute it to your wedding Zano. I know that your fiancé has money but I want you to have something. Atleast save it, so when things go left you are able to take a plane or bus and come back home from whever you are”,She says.
“Really aunty?",I cannot believe this.
“Yes, my mother will turn in her grave if I do not”
“I miss Gogo”,I say.
“I miss her too”,I breathe in and out.
I hold her hands. 
“I love you”,I say and hug her and she catches me in her arms.
“If you run out of money and you want to run away if he abuses you, call me and grab his bank card only and run away. I will give you a strategy to come here. You know I am.too broke to meet you all the way in Capetown ”,I laugh.
I start crying.
“I am sorry for running away aunty”,I say.
She brushes my back. I don't want to lose her. 
“Its okay, I am sorry for being harsh on you. I never meant to hurt you but to protect you. People are mean out there Zano. You are the first child I took to primary and bought uniform for before anyone else.”,she whispers and I sniff.
We break the hug and she pulls Nomfundo in the hug and we smile. 
“You are my two girls”,We laugh. 
Nomvula walks back in the room.
“The guys are coming back”,She says.
I nod my head.  I am so happy that Nkosana is coming back. I just need to know where did he get that gun from. I never knew he had one. 
.
After that horrific event back home. It was a rollercoaster full of drama after drama. Nkosana suggested that my aunt and Nomfundo visit Cape town for the holidays and I couldn't agree more. What if those dangerous men come back and try to hurt them while we are away. 
We left them there and I followed my man to Johburg when we had to come back. I couldn't stay in Cape town shame and my sisters had to go back to their home before their mother bites my head off and fetches me where ever I am. 
Here I am in Nkosana's apartment with the TV on and u am doing exercises that are on TV. I feel tired already and I just want to take a break. It has been only 5 minutes but it feels like I have been doing it for hours. 
I take a break and sit down on the couch to catch my break.  Nkosana went to take a shower. He just came back from work where he had a meeting.
He entered the living room wearing shorts.
It's cold now so I don't know why he is wearing shorts and nothing on top.
He finds me trying to catch my breath and he makes his way towards me.
“Why are you breathing so heavily?”,I point to the TV and he turns to it and then he looks at me.
“Do you need some water?”,He asks.
“Yes please”
He goes to the kitchen and after some time he comes back with my water bottle and he hands it to me and I thank him.
I open it and gulp down the water. It is nice and cold too. I stop drinking and I wipe the corner of my lips. 
“I don't want to be pregnant anytime soon”,I say and he laughs.
“Are you asking me to not get you pregnant?”,I nod my head.
“Yes”,he laughs.
“Don’t worry baby. I wait 2 years”,I give him a look.
“ha Ahh nkosana, that's unfair, 15 years”,I say.
“Zano my Sperms will be expired then”
“Put them in the fridge everytime you cum. We will freeze them”,He laughs and joins me on the couch.
“Okay 6 years”,He says.
“I will think about it”,I say and rub my stomach. 
He puts his hand on my belly too.
“What are you hoping for?",I ask.
“A healthy baby”,he says and I nod my head. 
“You?”,He asks.
“I don't know”,He kisses my belly and lays his ear on it. 
I look at him.