Chapter 59

ZANOKUHLE
Chapter 59

Nkosana is in a meeting and I sat in his office and got bored. His other assistant got me food as lunch time was about to hit.
“When is Nkosana going to come out of the meeting?”,I ask.
“I don't know ma'am. It's a board meeting",She says and I nod my head.
“Is the old assistant here at work?”,I ask.
“Kwanele?”,That is her name right?
“I think so”
“Yes, she is downstairs”,She says and I nod my head.
“Okay, please tell her I would like to see her. Order some food for her”,I say and she nods her head slowly then she walks away and I look at my food.
She leaves the room and I take out my phone to call the nanny and check on the boys. They seem to be okay and happy too, she loves them and I love her for that.
The nanny is very sweet, I thank my aunt for that too. 
As I am still on the call there is a knock on the door and I tell the person to come in and I see that it is the mean assistant.
“I will call you back later guys”,She soon hangs up and I look at this woman and lightly smile. 
“Hi",I say.
“You called for me”,She says.
“You are so rude. You can't even greet”,I say and she keeps quiet.
“Sit down, I am not going to beg you”
“I have a job, I am not like you who is busy being a pretty girl for a rich man. We have jobs and degrees for a reason”,she says.
“Yes I am a pretty girl for a rich man. Nkosana always tells me I am his beautiful woman”,She rolls her eyes and folds her arms.
“Come and sit down. I ordered lunch for you. I guess you have alot to say about me when I don't even know you”,I say and stand up moving towards her and she moves away from me and she settles on the couch and I go and close the door behind me. 
I then move to her. 
“Is there anything else you would like to say to me?”
“No”,She says and I nod my head. 
“I see you like Nkosana, that's nice for you but I don't know where I enter because you like him and not me.  I don't like you either, you are nothing to me just like my mother....",She scoffs.
“So you decided to call me in here because you are scared that he might slip from your fingers.”
“Sis, Nkosana is the least of my worries. You have a bone to pick with me so why don't I pick it back?”,She looks at me and then she laughs and stands up.
She walks towards me and bumps into me.
“Watch your step shorty”,She says and as she was about to open the door I pull her back with her hair and it comes off. 
I don't want to fighting.
“What the fuck!?”,She screams.
“I am still talking! Listen here you thing. Try me and you will know why I am a Ngubo.”,She looks at me and clicks her tongue and then walks out and bangs the door. 
I start pacing up and down the room.
“I am a lady, I am better than this”,I keep reciting that and the door opens and Nkosana walks into the room.
“Are you okay?”,He asks.
“I...I tried talking to her calmly”,I say and he walks into the room and closes the door behind him and he goes to his desk and puts his things down before he takes off his jacket and he comes to me and pulls me in a hug.
“I told you I will handle it"
“She is mean”
“She is not a threat okay? She never will be”,I nod my head.
“I ordered lunch”,I say.
“I have already ate but I can feed you if you want to",He says and I nod my head. 
“Okay”

GUGULETHU

People have been gossiping about me since I came back. They have been talking about me and I know that they have been saying really mean things about me behind my back just because things are finally lighting up in my life after my sister and useless baby daddy left me with the kids to raise. 
I haven't seen that man in 25 years now and he wouldn't have the audacity to come back in my life. 
“Hawu mnax wahlala wedwa manje Lana(Why are you sitting here alone), are we that poor for you now?”,I roll my eyes as MaShezi stands by my classroom door.
“Not all, I am busy with preparing the kids exams. I was away angithi”,I say and look at her.
She walks in closer into the class room.
“Can I see your ring?",She asks and I let out my hand.
“Its beautiful isn't it?”,I ask as I look at her.
She has never really liked me that much and seeing the stink look on her face makes me feel satisfied.
“How did you meet this man?"
“Isnt it my daughter, Zanokuhle married into a rich family. That's how I met this man”,I say and look at my ring.
“Thats why you are retiring? To eat his money?"
“Yes! He wants me to and we are planning our first trip to the Bahamas”,I say and look at her and she is not happy by the look of things.
“I am happy for you”,I smile.
“My son in law bought me the car outside. It was the best birthday ever",I say and I smile.
“Mmh”,She folds her arms as she gives me a side eye.
My phone rings and I quickly take it. 
It's Thami.
This man has been calling me so much since I left. I wonder how he functioned without me in his life before.
“I have to answer this. Usbari uyafona(Your brother in law is calling)”,I then answer the phone.
“This is 10th time you have called me today.”,I say.
“I know but I just miss you more now that you are away from here.”,He says.
“I will be back soon, don't worry. The term is going to end and I will be back there”,I say.
“Or I can come there and stay in a lodge or hotel until the term ends”,He says.
“Haah, Hlomuka you have to know how to live without me like that”
“I just miss your little jokes and drama that's all",He says.
I laugh and I look at the corner of my eye and MaShezi is leaving the classroom.
“I know I am fun. I do miss you too but we can work around that.

FEZIWE

I look at her pictures and I just get lost in thoughts. I don't know why she just dropped me like that but I am hoping that I didn't scare her away.
Xoli walks into the office.
“I have sent the flowers as you have requested”,She says.
“Good, I am sure she is still in his office”,I say and she nods her head and looks at me.
“What do you want from her? You were smiling so much when you saw her this morning and you can't tell me it's because she is your cater”,she raises her brow.
“I don't want anything”
“Really?You suddenly have an event in a week's time? That wasn't part of the schedule”,She says and I look at her. 
“I know what I am doing”,She raises her hands.
“Okay",She walks out. 
She shuts the door behind her and I rest my head on the seat and I take my phone. 
I have an urge to call her again but I don't want to bombard her that much. I think the flowers are good. 
It was so random when I got to see her. I have been seeing her constant on Buhlalo's page for some months and I was intrigued. I thought it's time I do something before I even loose the opportunity with her.
I like her. 

ZANOKUHLE

Nkosana got busy until he was done and we went home after that. I am so tired honestly, I just want to sleep with my kids. 
We get there and we make our way home to the apartment.
I run to where my kids are and I sit down on the floor and take them into my arms and I kiss them.
“I have missed you so much”,I say.
“There is a parcel for you”,The nanny says and I look at her.
“What parcel?”,I ask.
“It's on the kitchen. It is too heavy for me to carry”,she says and I am curious.
I put the kids down and I rush to the kitchen and Nkosana is walking behind me, curious of what is happening.
I get there and there is a huge bunch of red roses laying on the counter and I am astonished.
I turn to Nkosana.
“Is this from you?”,I ask.
“Not that I know of”,He frowns that moment and I do the same. 
“Who are they from?”,I ask.
“I don't know, I just know that they were delivered for you”,she says.
Nkosana goes towards the flowers and grabs a pinned card and he looks at it. 
“What does it say?”,I ask and he crushes the card.
“I am burning these flowers Zano”,he says and I am confused. 
“Tell me"
“Dladla will know me”,He says and he goes to the kitchen cupboards and takes our a torch and kitchen scissors and I stand in front of him.
“Tell me who they are from?"
“I told you that, that man wants you. He is sending flowers to smother you”,Smother me? I can't be easily smothered. 
“Calm down, we can get rid of them without burning them, we can just put them in the trash and they are rid off.
“Okay”,He says and I take everything.
The anger that is in his eyes scares me. 
“Zano"
“Yes”
“You love me right?”,I nod my head
“Yes”
“Then you would let me do anything to protect my family and that means you and the twins”
“Okay, what do you mean?”
“I will kill anyone who tries me”,I feel chills go through my spine as he says that.
This is not the Nkosana I know, this is someone else.