chapter 60

ZANOKUHLE
Chapter 60

Nkosana hasn't been much of his old self ever since the flower incident and I am not happy as well with this man being like this in my life. The man's assiatnt contacted me about knowing if I had changed my mind about the event and I said no and blocked their number. They were becoming a nuisance in my life to be quiet honest.
It has been over a week now. My kids are growing so rapidly daily and sometimes I can't keep up. Just yesterday they weren't existing. 
My kids are growing and today I dressed them up in shorts and a long sleeve top and a little hat and small shoes. I want to take pictures of them and they look so cute. 
They didn't take after their father with regards to their skin colour but they took after my skin colour.
I put them on the bed after getting them done and they look so cute.
I quickly take a picture of them and then I send it to their father, he needs to see how cute they look at the moment. 
“You look like little gentlemen”,I say to them and one of the twins keeps on kicking and moving.
I pick them up and put them in their stroller and I move with them from the bedroom and the Nanny is in the living room. 
She just watches over them, changes them and baths them if needed be.
“They are dressed up today”,She says.
“Well, I want to take them outside but they are still young so I just wanted to dress them up”,I say.
“They look so cute!”,She takes one of the twins. 
“They do”,I look at my kids. 
They take after me with the cuteness that they have. I sit down and the nanny and I share a conversation amongst each other and she tells me about herself as I listen and I tell her too. She is very nice and I like that about her. 
I recieved a message from Khanyi telling me that she is on her way.  Yes she is coming to visit, I don't mind at all and Nkosana doesn't too. I asked him first before I agreed and now she is coming. 

BOITUMELO

Smiso and I...we have been talking for some time now. He is still in Durban. Went there two days after my aunt's birthday and he asked if he could spend some time with me and I agreed. 
I didn't mind at all because I think I am starting to like him as well. Everything just has been flowing and good in our lives and this thing we are doing.
Today I am leaving, I am nervous actually. I am going to Durban and yes to visit him. I had to lie to my parents and say we are visiting Zano when I know I will be out of the province. Khanyi is not that happy about me going all alone but she just lets me be as I am grown. 
I look through my bag one last time and zip it up before the door opens and she walks in through it. She looks at me.
“Behave there. If anything happens just call me, I will make a plan to get you out of there”,She says.
“You mean Sbu will make a plan”
“Still it's my plan”,I laugh. 
“Well, I will but I doubt anything bad will happen. Smiso is sweet”,I say and turn to take my bag and she looks at me after I catch her staring.
“Sweet? Weren't you scared of even going out to lunch with this boy? Or any boy?”
“Things change phela.”
She shakes her head and walks to her bag to get it. 
She gets done and she tells me that Sbu is outside waiting for us. 
I am glad she is happy again. I know how annoying and miserable she was when they broke up and sometimes I couldn't take it. 
We go and say goodbye to my mom and dad and my dad wishes us a safe trip.  We thank him and soon we leave the house and go outside. We find Khanyi’s boyfriend leaning against his car with his legs crossed as he waits for us. 
We get to him and he smiles as he sees us. 
“Sharp Tumi. You are good?”,He asks.
“Yes I am, how are you?”
“I am good as well”,He takes Khanyi and I’s things and he opens the boot and puts our things there. 
Khanyisile gets in the front while I camp inside the back and wait for the car to start moving.
I go through my phone and text Smiso that I am now going to the airport.
I am nervous, feeling scared a bit but I can't stop now, can I?
‘I can't wait for see you. I will be waiting for you at the airport’,he says and I smile. 
I lock my phone and breathe out. 
“Manje Tumi where are you going?",Sbu asks.
He has always been nosey and protective when it came to us.  He wanted to know stuff too.
“I am going to Durban"
“To her boyfriend”,Khanyi says and I give her a look.
“He is not my boyfriend”,I say.
He hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend so we are just friends.
“So what is he then and why are you going to visit him?”,Khanyi's big mouth boyfriend asks. 
“He is a friend and he asked if I could visit”
“Is it safe though?”
“Smiso is no harm. Happy and Jabu know where I am so relax guys ”,I say.
“I hope so”,The boyfriend replies. 
Soon the car ride is quiet. 
Music is only playing and the love birds talking here and there and holding each other's hands. 
My sister is strong. I commend her for going back, I am too weak for that and I know myself. 
They start with dropping me off at the airport and soon we get there and get out of the car once it is parked.
My sister hops out with me so as her man to get my bag and we share a hug.
“Call me when you get there. I will call alot okay?”,She asks.
“Okay”,I nod my head.
She gives me a hug and kiss on the cheek and I get my bag before I make my way inside. 
I ask the security the check in point  as I am going to Durban and they direct me with ease and no hassle. I get to check in and wait for my plane to be announce so that I can leave. 
.
I felt more nervous when I landed. I didn't know what to expect as I was holding onto my bag and making my way out of the plane. 
I felt scared and a bit lost until I saw him standing by the exit waiting for me as he had promised that he would be. I rush up to him and he takes me into his arms and lifts me off the floor, spinning me around.
I giggle that moment, feeling relieved that I am not atleast stranded. 
“People are watching”,I say. 
He puts me down gently and smiles looking at me.
“I can't believe you are actually here”
“Me too, I was scared of coming”
“I am glad you came",He takes my bag then my hand and leads the way. 
“Did you come from work?"
“I am working from home as off late"
“Oh, that's nice”,he nods his head. 
We make our way to his car and he opens the door for me and there are flowers and chocolate on the seat I take it and turn to him.
“Those are yours"
“Thank you”,I smile and look at them.
They look good, I have never received flowers before like this. 
I get inside and he comes inside the car and starts it before driving off. 
“I booked a place for us, I didn't want to make you feel uncomfortable",I understand.
He lives with his parents and I don't mind.
I mean if I got a job also I wouldn't leave home unless I am leaving the city or province. 
“Thats okay",I say.
“Don't worry okay?",I nod my head.
We are in Durban. Well I am in Durban. I quickly send a message to Khanyi telling her that I am safe and okay and that I will call her later. 
I think about what Sbu said today. Why would I just visit him if we are friends? Is that wrong or maybe I am confused?
I turn to him. 
“Smiso, I have a question”,I say and he nods his head. 
“What is it?”,He asks curious.
I am nervous and I don't know how to start this conversation. 
“What is going on between us?”,I ask.
“You mean what are we?”,I nod my head slowly. 
“Well, I was hoping to ask you to be my girlfriend today”,I blush and look at him for a brief moment and he steals a glance at me and I look away. 
“Oh”,I say.
“The surpise is ruined now that I told you”,He says.
“I will pretend like we didn't have this conversation”,He chuckles. 
“What do you say?”,I turn to look at him and he steals a glance off me and makes me feel shy.
“I would love to be your girlfriend”,I say. 
“It's official now. We are a couple",He takes my hand into his and kisses it.
I blush, this man makes me shy alot. 
I now I have a boyfriend. 

ZANOKUHLE

I feel the bed moving and someone wrapping their arms around me and I open my eyes and see Nkosana all changed and in bed with me. I was playing with the twins and I got tired so I thought I should take a young nap and rest a bit. I thought he will be at work the whole day but here he is back home. 
Khanyi arrived here before I slept and I left her with the nanny.
“Hey baby",I say and crawl from where I am and sleep ontop of him and he wraps his arms around me. 
“I saw the pictures, you didn't reply to my message"
“I am sorry, I didn't see it”,I say and he nods his head. 
“It's okay”,He kisses my forehead. 
“Are you okay though Nkosana?",I ask and he sighs. 
“No, I just hate that people are trying to poke in our relationship”,He says. 
“Me too”, I would expect this from his ex but she has been very quiet.
“I would expect this from your ex”,I say. 
He looks at me. 
“Isn't Refilwe pregnant somewhere?"
“Yes, it's not your baby. That's what Khanyi said"
“I can't believe you guys are related.”,He says. 
“We are not. She is related to the girls”,I say.
“Its the same thing Zano",I don't think so. 
He sighs.
“Nkosana”,I say and draw lines on his chest as I bite my bottom lip.
“Yes?"
“Have you ever killed someone before?”,His body becomes a little stiff that moment and I look at him before he looks at me. 
“Why would you ask that baby?”
“Well you did say you will kill anyone who disrupt our family”,I say and look at him.  
“I know, I meant it",he says and I look at him. 
“But why? We are not in danger”,I say. 
“You won't understand Zano",I nod my head and carry on with drawing on him.
“So you have killed someone?”,I ask.
He is silent for a moment.
“No”,I nod my head. 
“Okay”,He kisses my forehead.