Chapter 14: The Crank

🌶️ Little Spicy scene thrown in here 🌶️
**Just for mazewriterrr **

Evelyn was terrified to see how many Gladers were left. She slowly shifted.

Her and Newt. Minho. Tessa. Thomas. Nick. Sonny. Jeff. Frypan. Chuck. Percy. James.  The new kid Aris.

Thirteen

Evelyn counted only thirteen. After all they'd been through, only thirteen were left. And that included the new kid, Aris. Evelyn had lived with sixty boys at one point. Out of the sixty boys...they were down to thirteen.

"Thirteen." Newt said dully.

"How many did we lose in the storm?" Minho asked.

"Eight. Eight Gladers." Newt snapped. "Unless some shanks ran into another building." He added softer.

Dude," Minho said. "How're we gonna fight our way through this city with only eleven people? There could be hundreds of Cranks in this place for all we know. Thousands. And we don't have a clue what to expect from them!"

Evelyn got abruptly to her feet. She could feel the anger quickly reforming. Her arm burned with an icy frost. Grabbing her arm with a gasp of pain. She ran across the building to the other side, despite the yells behind her. She ripped a door open and bolted through. She leaned against the wall and slid down, her knees pulled to her chest. Holding her aching arm to her chest, she lowered her head to her knees. Tears slid down her face, she could feel them freezing to her cheeks.

She heard hurried footsteps only for them to slow down and cautiously walk towards her. Warm hands were laid on either side of her face and her head was lifted.

"Oh Evy." Newt's voice broke. His eyes swam with tears.

"Newt...I can't! I can't keep doing this!"

"Doing what, my Angel?" He asked, his hands running through her hair.

"Pretending everything is okay! It's not! None of this is okay! WICKED killed more than half our family! We had sixty boys! And now we're down to thirteen- and that includes you and me! And...and...I'm so lost! And I feel so broken!"

"Then..I'll help hold you together until your whole."

"But I won't be! Ever!" She yelled. She pulled away from Newt's hands, and got to her feet.   "Newt!" She cried, fresh tears in her eyes. "I'm shucken dying! Our dream of a house with a door and lock isn't gonna happen! No way we can have a family, WICKED took that ability away from me years ago. I won't be able to watch the sunsets with you! Or dance with you in the moonlight. I'm dying, and I'm gonna turn into a wild animal with no humanity, I'll forget your beautiful eyes, and that shy cocky smile, I'll forget how you call me Love and Darling. I'm going to forget how your lips taste and how your hands feel in my hair."

She heaved a huge sob, her chest heaving and her shoulders were shaking.

"Newt! I'm going to forget everything good! And I'm scared! I'm terrified one time I won't be able to snap out of it and I'm going to hurt you!"

Without warning Newt gripped her hip and shoved her back into the wall, a hand already buried in her hair. His body pinned her to the wall. Her sobbing was cut off. Her lungs forgot to work. He was kissing her so aggressively it almost hurt. She made a whimpering noise. When he tried to pull away she pulled him back, her nails digging into his scalp. One hand buried in his hair the other gripped the back of his shirt. He groaned a little louder.

His tongue twisted around hers. Newt slid a hand up her shirt, while the had a fist full of her hair. She tried to make a moaning noise, but it was stuck in her throat. Newt was pushing her into the wall, except there was nowhere to go. He untangled his hand from her hair, he now had both hands up her shirt. She felt the rumble deep in his chest. She tried to arch her back into his touch but his body had her pinned to the wall too hard. His hands were more needy, more aggressive than usual. She wanted more. Her body craved more.