Chapter 29: Gang Princess

🌶️ Spicy kissy scene 🌶️

"Hi...hey Tom! We gotta stop meeting like this!" Teresa grinned down at the boy.

The look of relief in her face said it all though; she found her brother and he was okay. A wicked hangover. But he was fine. Evelyn smiled sadly at the two of them, wondering if she was going to tell him.

"Welcome back, you ugly shank!" Minho sank down onto the couch behind Teresa, wrapping his arms around her waist and leaned over. He gave Thomas a wild smile and laughed as Thomas just groaned. 

"Looks like you've been havin' fun." Newt said dryly.

Evelyn pressed her lips together to try and hold the smile in. She watched as Thomas pushed self up onto his elbows and then stood up. He clamped a hand to his head with a groan and plopped back into the couch.

"Oh, man. Anybody got some aspirin?" He groand.

Goose rolled his eyes and Evelyn tried not to laugh. He slammed his feet onto the floor and got up. Opened a cupboard and grabbed something and tossed a bottle over. Teresa caught with a nod.

"What happened to you guys! Where have you been?" Thomas asked, his voice was dry and raspy.

"Hey, it's Thomas!" Frypan roared loudly, "As ugly and alive as ever!" Making him wince in his hungover state and making Fry laugh.

Newt came up to him, gave a sincere smile, while he clapped him on the shoulder, "Glad you're not bloody dead, Tommy. I'm really, really glad."

"Yeah you guys too! Where are we?"

"Marcus's Night Club. Welcome to the Territory of the Saints & Sinners, Tommy Boy" Evelyn said with a twisted smile.

Thomas whipped his head and then groaned.

"Eve?"

"Yep. Alive and here."

"So...this guy is Marcus?" Thomas pointed to Goose.

"Are you the brains of the operation?" Goose rolled his eyes. Evelyn could see the tension in his body.

"Noah." She turned to look at him, taking a few steps over to him, laying a hand on his arm. His dark blue eyes locked onto hers. "Breath."

He closed his eyes and rubbed his face. He was leaning on the counter, in the small kitchenette.

"Look kid. You were out for a while. Just...what did you say to Switch, Kitten? Slim it and listen?" His eyes lit up with laughter. She smiled.

"Yeah, Tommy. Slim it and listen." She folded her arms. All eyes slid to Evelyn. She pulled her knife out and nervousnely played with it. She walked over sunk into the chair Goose had left. Newt came an knelt down infront of her. He placed both hands on either side of her face and lifted it to meet his.

"Just tell me what happened, Love, ignore the other shanks. Tell me your story."

She did. She explained it all. From Goose finding her to them finding her. The only part she left out was the kiss, still feeling extremely guilty and full of shame- she would tell Newt, just not in front of twenty other people. And Goose added some of the details when she cranked and couldn't remember.

"Bloody hell." He whispered. His face was impassive, his eyes looked dark and stormy.

He got up and walked straight to Goose, stopping in front of him. Evelyn sat up straight and tense, watching, waiting for something to happen. She had no idea what was going through Newt's mind. But then he held a hand out.