Chapter 36: Infected and Serums

"Hey Little Bird."

"Gally?" She whispered. The pain in her body momentarily forgotten.

"Hey Shanks." The other guy said, turning to face them all.

Evelyn's knees buckled and she sunk. Minho, Newt and Sonya all caught her before her hit the ground.

"...Alby..?" She whispered confused.

"Gally? Alby?" Newt asked shocked.

"No way." Frypan yelped.

Thomas lunged at Gally and slammed his fist into Gally's jaw. There was a wild scramble. There was another loud ding of a shot from somewhere, it hit the car behind Gally.

"No, wait!" Gally called from his back.

"Hold!" Alby's loud demanding voice boomed over the hills and cliffs.

There were a few more guys hiding behind rocks and boulders that stood up, all with their faces hidden behind scarves and goggles. Newt and Frypan jumped forwards towards Thomas off Gally.

"Stop! It's all right!" Newt cried, grabbing Thomas around the arm. "Whoa, whoa, whoa!"

"Stop! Stop it!" Frypan cried.

"Stop." Newt finally yanked Thomas off.

He was now crouching down in front of Thomas who was breathing like an angry bull. Evelyn had sunk down to the pavement and hadn't gotten back up. She was leaning heavily on Sonya and Minho at this point. She had another round of coughing, bringing up more black.

"He killed Chuck!" Thomas screamed, all the muscles tense, his neck muscles were strained, his face going red with the effort of not lunging at Gally again.

"Yeah, I know. I buggen' remember. I was there too, all right? But I also bloody remember that he was stung and half out of his mind. Just calm down. All right?" Newt tried to reason.

"Kind of had that coming. Anybody else? Fry? Newt?" Gally asked rubbing his jaw, where Thomas punched him.

Chuck shoved his way forwards, "Yeah! I'd like to take a shucken swing!" He stopped in front of Gally.

Gally and Alby both stood and looked at him like he was a ghost.

"What the shuck?" Gally blanched, looking wide eyed at the kid.

"Hey shank!" Chuck grinned.

"You shucken died!" Gally whispered, and took a step back. "You...I...I...they made me throw at knife at your chest! You died! I killed you!"

Chuck shrugged nonchalantly, "yeah well...it didn't stick."

"How the shuck did you live?"

Chuck folded his chubby arms, "I didn't. I did die. Evy brought me back."

All eyes flicked to Evelyn who had just coughed up more black, her breathing was ragged and shallow. Newt had crawled over to her, gently taking her from Sonya.

"Do you know these guys?" Jorge finally asked

"They were old friends! How? How is this bloody possible?" Newt asked again, he had gently wiped the black from Evelyn's chin and wiped it on his pants.

"We watched you die." Sonny was still gapping at the two.

"No, you left us to die."

"I...I tried...." Evelyn tried to speak. But her voice was so quiet and garbled.

"I know Love. I know."

Gally and Alby finally came over and crouched down beside Newt Evelyn and Sonya.