Chapter 2: Finding Partners and Fairy Fables.

Among the skies above the Emerald forest, a blackbird was flying about, minding its own business when....

"AH!!! SORRY BIRDIE!!!!" Ruby soon cried as she realized she had accidentally killed an innocent bird. Regardless, she fired a few shots out of Crescent Rose's sniper form and promptly transformed it into it's scythe to hook onto one of the tree's branches and land safely onto the ground.

"Landing successful! Rest in peace poor bird!" As Ruby ran off to find a partner, she knew that Yang would probably be nailing her landing strategy too, as many other people who came to Beacon for this year. She then began to think about who her partner should be.

"Okay! Yang is probably going to be elsewhere, so aside from big sis, who else should I consider? Jaune? He's a nice guy, perhaps a bit funny, but probably not the best at a fight. Blake is also nice, a lover of books. But she might not be the best to have a long conversation with. Argh! Who else do I know?! Who else?!"

Suddenly a loud grunt and frustrated groan was heard. Out of curiosity, Ruby made her way toward the source of the noise and was in stitches at what she saw.

"Oh my gosh! Weiss! You got hogtied!"

And indeed she did. Weiss Schnee had apparently landed into a hogtie trap when Aoihi launched her pad early. To say that she was embarrassed, would be an understatement.

"Argh! You jerk! Stop laughing and free me from this!"

"Alright!" Ruby replied cheerfully as she deployed Crescent Rose and carefully cut the ropes that Weiss was tangled in.

"Argh! Finally!" The rich girl soon huffed. "Now then! Before I walk off, what instructions did Ozpin give before that unruly boy in blue launched me too early!"

Ruby began to think back before she was launched.

"In a nutshell, first person you see is your partner, head to the ruins of the northern end of the forest, grab one of the artifacts and then return to the top of the cliff."

Weiss grumbled some at this.

"So I guess that makes US partners?! Ugh! How unfortunate!"

Ruby scowled at this.

"Excuse me! I am NOT without my skill with a scythe or my speed! Don't you think you're being pretty rude? ESPECIALLY with the fact that I cut you free from one of the traps Aoihi set for the initiation?"

Weiss froze at this notion.

"Uh.... Okay! Fine! Yes! I suppose you're making a valid point! Come on! Let's get going!"

Ruby sighed and shrunk in dejection.

"And she's not even sorry." Defeated, she began to follow Weiss, hoping deep down that this partnership between them would not go bust.

Meanwhile, in another part of the Emerald Forest, Yang was scouting the area out for her sister.

"Ruby! Where are ya, sis?! Ruby!" She presently heard the growl of bears as two Ursa-major came into eyesight.

"Hey! You haven't seen a cute little girl with short hair, silver eyes, and a red hood, have you?" She soon dodged an attack aimed at her. "Well! I'd take that as a no then!"

She then reloaded Ember-Celica, the gauntlets she wore, and began to punch the two Grimm as dust fired from them. Even without a sword or a scythe, Yang was a very formidable fighter, and this truly showed with her ability to just punch and dodge alone. As she dodged another attack she smirked and laughed at the two Grimm.

"Ha! You can't even strike the ground with attacks as pathetic as..." Her words froze as she soon saw a single strand of her blonde hair fall from her head. This was enough to tick her off and cause her purple irises to change to red as they usually did with her semblance. "YOU MONSTERS!!!"