Chapter 33: The Awakening of an Azure Spark.

Aoihi ran through the Emerald Forest for an hour and a half before arriving at the threshold before No-Return-Canyon, just outside of one of the entry points of it. He breathed heavily, as he leaned against a tree, exhausted of more stamina than aura for he didn't use a complete 100% of Blazing Will. He panted for a few moments, before a hand tapped on his shoulder.

"Aoihi."

Aoihi jumped as he looked at a certain white-haired girl.

"Weiss?! What are you doing here?!"

"She's here to assist you in the next trial, kid, as am I." Matthew said as he walked towards Aoihi, holding a bottle of water. "You are going to need some help for the next one, so that's where Weiss and I come in."

"I see." Aoihi responded as he took the water that Matthew was handing him and drank it for a few minutes and finally catching his breath. "Okay, what does this next trial entail?"

"Okay kid the next part of the trial will have you go through no return Canyon. the next piece is located within the ancient stronghold of the people that used to live in this Canyon. our job is to retrieve it and return back to Beacon before nightfall. does that sound good to you?" Matthew said this while drinking his own bottle of water.

"Sounds fair enough to me." Aoihi said while finishing his own bottle of water. "Let's get going then."

"Hold on there, kid!" Matthew said as he held back the blue-cladded boy from continuing "The canyon is unforgiving and won't allow anybody to leave without knowing their way back. that's where I come in I'll be guiding you through since I've been here only recently so I'm your best bet. plus I have a map of the entire area so we won't lose our way. It's best that we follow it and stick together."

"That would have been nice to have 3 years ago." Aoihi muttered under his breath, quiet enough for only himself to hear. Weiss instantly saw the expression on her boyfriend's face and gently whispered to him affectionately.

"Don't you worry, Aoihi. We have each other's backs in this. I promise you, you won't lose me."

Aoihi smiled at this as he looked at Weiss with affection and gratefulness. He then glanced at Matthew who was pulling out his scroll to open the map data he had saved on it.

"Lead the way, Mats." He said with a smile, as Matthew nodded and began to lead Aoihi and Weiss through the Cayon.

As they traveled through the Canyon, Aoihi and Weiss fought Grimm left and right as Matthew simply stood there with the map. Weiss unfortunately got annoyed with this.

"Why is Matthew not fighting?!" She said with a huff. Aoihi let off a sigh.

"Weiss, Mats is not a licensed huntsman. As a matter of fact, he is not certified to fight Grimm at all. If anything, he only really fights when it's absolutely necessary and he has no other option."

"Not to mention I am not insured without a license." Matthew added as he overheard Aoihi's explanation to Weiss. "If I die, no life insurance from being killed by a Grimm." He then looked at Aoihi with a raised eyebrow. "Also, Aoihi, I mean no offense, but your girlfriend is a tad um... unfiltered."

Weiss and Aoihi froze at this.

"HOW DID YOU KNOW?!!!" They screamed in unison.

"I have my ways..." Matthew said this with a cheeky smile on his face. "Besides, your glances at each other say A LOT. Plus I am a very observant person, that way I can make the best sales to my clients." He then went close to Weiss and whispered into her ear, "Also if you want me to make you something to take down your father just give me a call and I'll do it for free."