Chapter 21: Mission's First Day.

The five teens looked on in shock as their eyes laid upon the Huntsman they were to follow and shadow.

"Professor Oobleck?" Weiss spoke in a confused tone as the kookie professor began to speak as fast as he usually did.

"Yes, I'm afraid those bags won't be necessary, children, seeing as you've opted to shadow a Huntsman on what is now essentially a reconnaissance mission. I can assure you, we will not be establishing a single base of operations; rather, we will be traversing several miles of hazardous wasteland and making camp in any defendable locations we may stumble upon. I packed all of our essentials myself, plotted our air course, and readied the airship. And... It's Doctor Oobleck. I didn't earn the PhD for fun, thank you very much!"

All of team RWBYA was a bit disturbed now as Oobleck continued.

"Come now, children; according to my schedule, we are already three minutes behind- um! Ahem!...schedule!"

He darted off towards the airship as the five teens were sure to follow. Unaware a certain golden retriever puppy was secretly following them.

As the airship began to fly over buildings and streets, Yang began to converse with Oobleck.

"I guess I just never saw you as much of a fighter." Yang admitted with a respectful tone. Oobleck was not at all offended.

"I admit I fancy myself more of an intellectual, but I can assure you, as a Huntsman, I've had my fair share of tussles."

Ruby was confused by the word tussles as she tilted her head. "Like the mushroom?"

Blake leaned over to Ruby and corrected her. "Those are truffles."

Ruby was still scratching her head in confusion. "Like the sprout?"

"That would be brussels, sis." Yang soon stated as Aoihi sighed and groaned with annoyance.

"Tussle," He began. "Is another word for fight, Ruby you dingus!"

Ruby's eyes widened in surprise as both Yang and Blake chuckled in amusement. Meanwhile Oobleck just smiled and continued.

"Besides, given my expertise in the field of history as well as my dabblings in the archaeological surveys, our dear headmaster saw fit to assign me to this particular... assignment!"

Weiss was left confused.

"What does history have to do with this?"

Oobleck huffed indignantly at that remark.

"Why, what a preposterous question, you silly girl! Why, history is the backbone of our very society! And the liver! Probably the kidneys, if I were to wager."

Weiss was still confused.

"And that means...."

"The southeast quadrant outside of Vale is home to wild forests and deep caves," Oobleck explained. "But it is also the location to one of the kingdom's greatest failures!"

Ruby perked up at this.

"Mountain Glenn." Ruby stated as Yang suddenly remembered it and widen her eyes upon realiztion.

"That's right! It was an expansion of Vale... but in the end it was overrun by Grimm and fenced off from the rest of the city."

"Not to mention a place where Faunus hate was at it's high, being the main reason why it was overrun in the first place." Aoihi stated professionally as Oobleck smiled with pride.

"Correct! And now it stands abandoned as a dark reminder of the Grimm's desruction and the damage hate can bring."

"Perfect for a hideout." Blake stated as Oobleck adjusted his glasses.