Chapter 6: Secrets and Scoundrels.

Within the amphitheater, the spotlights were on Jaune Arc and Cardin Winchester. Jaune was breathing heavily and sweating, while Cardin was standing tall and firm. With a taunting laugh, Cardin baited Jaune to attack him again. Jaune took took the bait and charged at him, but to only be knocked off of his feet and his sheild knocked out of his hand. He then attacked Cardin again with a two handed attack, but was only blocked.

"This is the part where you lose." Cardin stated darkly as Jaune glared at him.

"Over my dead... ack!"

Groaning in pain, Jaune fell to his knees and was about to be given the final blow by Cardin, when the lights all came back on.

"That is enough!" Glynda stated as the stage match was declared to be over by her authoritative tone before looking at the audience of students. "Students, as you can see, Jaune Arc's aura is in the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that he is no longer fit for battle and that the offical would call the match." She then looked at Jaune sternly yet not unkindly. "Jaune Arc, it's been weeks now. Please refer to your scroll while in combat. Gauging your aura will help you know when it's okay to attack or when you must go into a defensive position. We wouldn't want you mauled by a Beowulf, now would we?"

"Speak for yourself." Cardin stated darkly, unaware that Aoihi was glaring at him with venom and disgust.

"Remember everyone! The Vytal festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before student from the other kingdoms will start arriving in Vale. So keep practicing! Those who choose to participate in the tournament will be representing all of Vale!"

As the bell rung, Pyrrha walked over to Jaune and helped him to his feet, while Aoihi continued to glare at Cardin.

Later at the cafeteria...

"So, there we were in the middle of the night,"

"It was day." Ren corrected Nora as she told her 'story.'

"We were surrounded by Ursa."

"They were Beowolves."

"DOZENS OF THEM!!"

"Two of them."

"But they were no match! And in the end, Ren and I took them down and made a boat load of Lien selling Ursa skin rugs!"

Ren let off a sigh as everyone looked unamused.

"She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now. It unfortunately worsened after you five took down that ONE Ursa a while back."

Aoihi huffed as he swallowed a bite of his burger.

"Like it was easy to do so, Ren." He stated flatly. "And if I had the choice, I rather NOT use 100% of my Semblance's power again. For it can be pretty catastrophic if not kept in check."

"Understandable, Aoihi." Ren replied, as Pyrrha then glanced over at Jaune.

"Jaune, you okay?"

Jaune looked at Pyhrra in surprise.

"Oh! Yeah! Why?"

"It's just that you seem a little, NOT okay." Ruby stated with honesty.

"Guys! I'm fine! Seriously! Look!" Jaune held a fake smile and a thumbs up, failing miserably to reassure everyone.

Presently a laughter was heard and looking over both Team RWBYA and Team JNPR saw Team CRDL picking and bullying Velvet Scarlet, a rabbit Faunus with long brown hair.

"Jaune!" Pyrrha soon scolded. "Cardin has been picking on you since the first week of school!"

"Uh! You mean Cardin Winchester?" Jaune asked. "Come on, Pyhrra! He just likes to mess around! You know! Practical jokes!"